FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Guide - How to get out of "stuck at boot animation"

974 posts
Thanks Meter: 572

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th January 2015, 01:06 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Thanks

23rd January 2015, 08:16 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Can I do same with CWM or TWRP is must?

One more thought: Will it not be okay to just restore /system/media

as bootanimation.zip in that directory. If I can mount USB in recovery will it not be enough to restore only media partition why full factory reset and data format?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by vikraminside; 23rd January 2015 at 08:21 AM.
27th January 2015, 01:24 AM |#63  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 572

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikraminside

Can I do same with CWM or TWRP is must?

One more thought: Will it not be okay to just restore /system/media

as bootanimation.zip in that directory. If I can mount USB in recovery will it not be enough to restore only media partition why full factory reset and data format?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

i have explained well why complete factory reset is done... its a shortcut for people who dont want to get stuck with blank phone and cant use adb to push files. yes cwm based recovery is fine too. till kitkat days, twrp seemed more reliable. the tables have turned for lollipop
27th February 2015, 02:24 AM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.lohar

Alternate Method : Noob Friendly.

First of all backup your sd card (i.e data/media)
Flash Philz Touch 6.26.6 Recovery
Hope you have OTG cable and a pendrive.
Copy the rom which you want to install on pendrive. Attach pendrive through OTG.
(backup your current rom on usbdisk. For this goto Backup and Storage. Find option backup on storage/usbdisk )

Now, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. It will ask Wipe to install new rom,tap on it. Say Yes.
After that goto Mounts and Storage and format /data and /data/media (/sdcard). Say Yes.
Done.
Now flash your favorite custom rom.
Select the option install from sdcard. Then select usbdisk. Select your custom rom and install it

Thanx a lot man. I have forgotten the pattern lock and formatted system and was stuck at boot loop. I searched and used this method and I got my moto back. But before boot I had to again wipe cache and dalvik cache. Thnx a lot again.
16th April 2015, 06:12 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Thanks
18th May 2015, 09:16 AM |#66  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4

More
saved my life! thanks!
19th May 2015, 05:31 PM |#67  
Flag Pointe--Pitre
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Stuck at boot animation
Hi,

I recently installed Lollipo 5.1 GPE on my XT1032, installed TWRP and root, all went fine. Then I decided to try the latest alpha version of xposed framework modified for lollipop 5.1, but now my phone is stuck at the boot animation (the 4 dancing colour balls) forever. If I try any of the combo keys I know, or just a long press on power button, sometimes the phone reboots but goes again through the boot logo up to the animation and stays there. I Can't seem to make it go into fastboot nor recovery.

Any solution?

EDIT: I finally found how to boot to fastboot and get to recovery. I Restored the phone from backup, all is fine now...
Last edited by sebbync; 19th May 2015 at 05:52 PM.
23rd May 2015, 04:55 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi, I cant use this metod to solve the stuck at boot problem, or I need to do another step?

Google Play Edition Lollipop 5.1
1 Click Installer
Root, Custom Recovery and change Boot Logo All-in-One Pack

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...aller-t3075522
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, guide, moto g
Previous Thread Next Thread