FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

[Guide] Moto G 4G LTE XT1045. Restore To Stock 4.4.3 KK. Explained.

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By jensen2112, Junior Member on 24th July 2014, 01:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th December 2014, 09:00 AM |#31  
Flag Tryon, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 634

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupalazzi

Thanks for the info. Any good guide to unroot and restore stock recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

One would "unRoot" via the option in SuperSU..

One would flash the "stock recovery" via adb..

Sent from my 4.4.4_21.11.56_peregrine
(Unlocked) XT1045 Moto G 4G LTE #1
http://waynekent.com/page6.html
"Praise Jah" YOU people.!
The Following User Says Thank You to NWKENT For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th December 2014, 03:30 PM |#32  
Flag Puerto Ordaz
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT

One would "unRoot" via the option in SuperSU..

One would flash the "stock recovery" via adb..

Supossed as much, but wanted to be sure. I'll look around to download the stock recovery. @NWKENT thanks for all the help.
13th December 2014, 04:46 PM |#33  
Flag Tryon, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 634

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupalazzi

Supossed as much, but wanted to be sure. I'll look around to download the stock recovery. @NWKENT thanks for all the help.

To save you some time..here is the stock KK recovery in zip format, unzip, then flash the (.img) file..

Here >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzr_...p=docslist_api

The Following User Says Thank You to NWKENT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2014, 04:49 PM |#34  
Flag Puerto Ordaz
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT

To save you some time..here is the stock KK recovery in zip format, unzip, then flash the (.img) file..

Here >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzr_...p=docslist_api

Thanks a lot man.
The Following User Says Thank You to rupalazzi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2015, 04:47 AM |#35  
Flag Ciudad Bolivar
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Anyone test on xt1040
Hi Buddies, anyone test on xt1040? . I want downgrade because my device is unable to get signal after a update. I tried every 4.4.4 posted on the official page of motorola and no results. . . I know is a risk downgrade but i dont see other solution in order to fix my loss of signal.

Thanks in advance
18th June 2015, 12:21 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen2112

I find a few threads (which I give credits) and I restore the device back to stock. The problem is that what I do to restore back to stock, require me to go to different threats and different sites, I just can’t find one threat explaining everything in a nice and good looking way like the one that I am going to show you. Here in XDA we have experts, users and newbies, this is just an easy method for any of them.

(If you want to only Root the device in a safe way that don’t change your recovery, or the bootloader, just let me know, I am thinking in creating an easy-guide for root this device).

And second, thanks the users of the following threads, that are the ones responsible of almost all the things that I am going to say. (not in a specific order).

1. http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t2794145/page2 (post # 14 by suhridkhan led me to an excellent guide).

2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...67116348072886 (who led me to Firmware Factory).

3. http://www.firmware-team.com/showthread.php?t=1146 (post where I choose my stock rom XT1045 and I proceed to download).

4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219 (the excellent guide, I mainly use the 3b instructions)

5. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...06391665805131 (I confirm the order of the flash process)

Disclaimer:

Follow these instructions at your own risk. If something goes wrong don't blame me!
I have only tested this on a US Retail Moto G XT1045 with an unlocked bootloader.

There is a high chance that his guide will work will the others LTE variants(XT1039, XT1040 & XT1042), however, I don't have a proof of this since I only have the XT1045 and the threads that I use don't say anything about if it works or not in that variants. If it works, the only difference will be the .xml.zip file from your specific device. If you use this guide for one of those variants, please let me know so I can update the guide with that device that at this moment I don't have proof if it works or not, thanks.

Users of the XT1045. We already have receive the OTA update of KK 4.4.4. If you already have updated your device to 4.4.4, please, do not use the 4.4.3 files to downgrade and restore your device to stock. The files from 4.4.3 are not going to work, I repeat, the files from 4.4.3 (the link I provide below) are not going to work. If you update to 4.4.4 via OTA and mess (or something inexplicable happen) with your device and now your device doesn't boot, then you must search in other threads for a solution. To follow this guide for a 4.4.4 stock, we need to wait for for the 4.4.4.xml.zip file, and as far as I know, that file is not yet available to download. I have search in everywhere and the file is not available, once I know that the file is available, I will download it and I test it with this guide and my device, and if it works I will update the guide with the new download link.

LET START

Pre-requisites:

a) Download and install Motorola Drivers:
http://www.mymotocast.com/download/MDM?platform=windows

b) Download the stock firmware:
In our case (XT1045) is the RETUS_XT1045_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.23-4_cid9_CFC.xml.zip from https://mega.co.nz/#!kFYC0DbD!yNkcJb...wKvC3EtgC-Du-k

c) Have the ADB active in your computer. In my case I already have installed the Android SDK and configured the ADB in the “Path” of my Windows 8.1 x64 system.

To do that right click the “This PC” or “Computer” icon on the start button and click “properties”, from there go to “advanced system settings”, click “environment variables”, from the system variables find the “Path” variable, click edit but DON’T delete anything, at the very end of the “Variable Value” add a “;” and add the path of your adb platform-tools folder. In my case is C:\android-adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools
For example:

The end of my PC Variable Value is: C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\

You must make this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\android-adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools

Now you click OK, click OK again and test if it works, to do that go to any windows explorer and press the shift button and right click, and click “Open command window here”. Write “adb” and click enter. If it say Android Debug Bridge version XX.X.XX and a lot of letters then you’re good to go, if your press adb and it say not found or something like that, then something is wrong.

d) Extract the RETUS_XT1045_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.23-4_cid9_CFC.xml.zip to a new folder in the desktop of the PC. Or your preferred folder.

e) The firmware we download earlier end with .xml.zip because of this we are now going to download the Motorola Fastboot mfastboot-v2.zip (attached to this post) and extract only the .exe into the same folder as the stock firmware files (the same folder as the .bin and .img files).

Steps to restore stock firmware:

1) Reboot the phone into bootloader mode.

a) Unplug the USB cable and power off the phone.

b) Press and hold 'Volume down' and ‘Power’ button on the phone for around three seconds and let go the two at the same time.

You should now see the Moto G LTE bootloader screen with the following options:
Normal Powerup
Recovery
Factory
Barcodes
BP Tools
QCOM

c) Connect USB cable to your computer. Wait for the driver to be installed.

2) Open a command prompt (Start -> cmd.exe in Win7,8) and browse to the folder with the extracted firmware. Simply go to the folder with the extracted files and press the shift button and right click, and click “Open command window here”. In that folder you must have all the .img and .bin files and others, plus the mfastboot.exe file.

3) Flash each of the partitions in sequence using mfastboot, you need to enter the following commands one-by-one checking that each one returns an [OKAY].

Code:
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot
In the: “mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.(0,1,2)” you must have the dot, the dot before the number. In some of the other guides I see that they do not add the .0 .1 .2 and it creates an error because the file is never found.

If you want the device to reboot automatically to bootloader mode each time you restart the device you can use this command:
Code:
mfastboot oem fb_mode_set
If you don’t want to reboot automatically to bootloader mode you can use this command to clear that option on the device.
Code:
mfastboot oem fb_mode_clear
That’s all. I hope it works to you like it works to me, anything just let me know in the thread.

plz someone help i did everything but its still stuck on bootloader unlock screen! am freaking out!
19th June 2015, 06:04 AM |#37  
Flag NYC Greater Area

More
I am stuck on the fastboot screen. I originally was trying to flash the US retail firmware (RETUS_XT1045_4.4.4) onto my cricket-purchased phone, but encountered some "Preflash validation failed" errors and it wouldn't boot up. When I gave up and went to reflash the cricket firmware, most of it flashed over okay, but boot.img and partition gpt.bat still gave me a "<bootloader> Preflash validation failed. FAILED <remote failure>" error, and it won't go past the fastboot screen, now.

Anyone have any thoughts? the start of the fastboot screen says "failed to validate boot image." and "fastboot reason: fall-through from normal boot mode.".
30th June 2015, 04:06 AM |#38  
Flag NYC Greater Area

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieTheBear

I am stuck on the fastboot screen. I originally was trying to flash the US retail firmware (RETUS_XT1045_4.4.4) onto my cricket-purchased phone, but encountered some "Preflash validation failed" errors and it wouldn't boot up. When I gave up and went to reflash the cricket firmware, most of it flashed over okay, but boot.img and partition gpt.bat still gave me a "<bootloader> Preflash validation failed. FAILED <remote failure>" error, and it won't go past the fastboot screen, now.

Anyone have any thoughts? the start of the fastboot screen says "failed to validate boot image." and "fastboot reason: fall-through from normal boot mode.".

Bump...anybody...? Below is my "getvar all" results:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 4113
(bootloader) product: peregrine
(bootloader) secure: yes
(bootloader) hwrev: 0x82D0
(bootloader) radio: 0x1
(bootloader) emmc: 8GB Sandisk REV=06 PRV=07 TYPE=17
(bootloader) ram: 1024MB Samsung S4 SDRAM DIE=4Gb
(bootloader) cpu: MSM8926
(bootloader) serialno: TA46307E6E
(bootloader) cid: 0x0010
(bootloader) channelid: 0x84
(bootloader) uid: A500B10615000000000000000000
(bootloader) unlocked: no
(bootloader) iswarrantyvoid: no
(bootloader) mot_sst: 0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 536870912
(bootloader) reason: Fall-through from normal boot mode
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) date:
(bootloader) sku:
(bootloader) iccid:
(bootloader) cust_md5:
(bootloader) max-sparse-size: 268435456
(bootloader) current-time: "Mon Jan 12 23: 6: 6 UTC 1970"
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/peregrine_cricket/peregri
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[1]: ne:4.4.4/KXB21.14-L1.45/15:user/re
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[2]: lease-keys
(bootloader) ro.build.version.full[0]: Blur_Version.21.1.45.peregrine_cr
(bootloader) ro.build.version.full[1]: icket.cricket.en.US
(bootloader) ro.build.version.qcom[0]: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LNX.LA.3.5.1_RB1
(bootloader) ro.build.version.qcom[1]: .04.04.02.048.020
(bootloader) version-baseband:
(bootloader) kernel.version[0]: Linux version 3.4.42-g5263e7f (hudsoncm@
(bootloader) kernel.version[1]: ilclbld30) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 S
(bootloader) kernel.version[2]: MP PREEMPT Sun Jun 29 17:26:32 CDT 2014
(bootloader) sdi.git: git=MBM-NG-V41.13-0-gdc5aeaf
(bootloader) sbl1.git: git=MBM-NG-V41.13-0-g683cb0c
(bootloader) rpm.git: git=MBM-NG-V41.13-0-g71b1aae
(bootloader) tz.git: git=MBM-NG-V41.13-0-ga27c415
(bootloader) aboot.git: git=MBM-NG-V41.13-0-g7dc8e78
(bootloader) qe: qe 0/0
(bootloader) ro.carrier: att
all: listed above
finished. total time: 0.094s
Last edited by RonnieTheBear; 30th June 2015 at 04:19 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread