• No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
First of all don't panic. :laugh: There is a solution for your soft bricked moto ;)

NOTE- This method is used for soft bricked moto g.
Soft Brick- When your device is in a bootloop and it can boot into bootloader or fastboot.
Hard Brick- When your device is complete gone and it doesn't even boots.

Now flash the Brazilian Kitkat 4.4.4 using this way :-
NOTE- Dont flash or restore your previous backup of 4.4.2! It will brick your device!
Brazilian kitkat 4.4.4 link- http://www.mediafire.com/download/5...4_KXB21.14-L1.40_38_cid12_CFC_1FF_SVC.xml.zip
Download mfastboot - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4PT9WP-u_z9NXRBWF9EV2lGcWs/edit
Extract mfastboot and the brazilian 4.4.4 in the same folder and open command prompt in that folder. ( press ctrl+shift+right click- open command line here)

Connect your moto g to pc in fastboot mode.
In the command prompt flash 4.4.4 using the following commands :-

mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

Remember- Flash using the following commands only as they have skipped bootloader and partition table file of kitkat or you would HARD-BRICK your device.

Now let it boot. The screen would be flickering after the boot. Dont panic :p . Now after the boot has finished. Transfer moto g brazilian update to your phone and reboot into recovery. Place in on the root of your sdcard.

Link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/w...sion.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.Brasil.en.BR.zip

Now reboot into recovery and apply update from sdcard. Wait for 10-15 mins.

Congratulations! You have unbricked your moto g!! :highfive: :laugh: :D

If i helped you. Please be Kind Enough to press the Thanks Button. ;) Not just say thanks press thanks. ;)

Last edited:

stechiocca

Dec 22, 2014
Hey man I followed step by step the first part of the guide but after that I went into a boot loop with the google logo ... what can i do?

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
Hey man I followed step by step the first part of the guide but after that I went into a boot loop with the google logo ... what can i do?

Tell me more? was your device on soft brick? and was it on 5.0/5.0.1 of Brazilian firmware?? If yes... can it boot into bootloader?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

stechiocca

Dec 22, 2014
Tell me more? was your device on soft brick? and was it on 5.0/5.0.1 of Brazilian firmware?? If yes... can it boot into bootloader?

r
http:// xdaforums.com/moto-g/help/xt1032-bricked-please-help-t2980601/post57727675#post57727675 here is the thread that i started to ask some help, try to understand something beacuse it's a long story :D merry christmas by the way :)

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
r
http:// xdaforums.com/moto-g/help/xt1032-bricked-please-help-t2980601/post57727675#post57727675 here is the thread that i started to ask some help, try to understand something beacuse it's a long story :D merry christmas by the way :)

Same to you bro... Merry Christmas :) and bro i have moto g xt1033... not google play edition... or single sim variant and bro its clearly mentioned in the guide that it is for XT1033 not Xt1032.... Sorry bro.. cant help.. dont know XT1032 :(

stechiocca

Dec 22, 2014
Same to you bro... Merry Christmas :) and bro i have moto g xt1033... not google play edition... or single sim variant and bro its clearly mentioned in the guide that it is for XT1033 not Xt1032.... Sorry bro.. cant help.. dont know XT1032 :(

I finally could solve that problem, i just had to "mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin" at the beginning of the flashing process ;) thank you so much, now im correcly running android lollipop! :)

androidxt530

Oct 20, 2013
First of all don't panic. :laugh: There is a solution for your soft bricked moto ;)

Soft Brick- When your device is in a bootloop and it can boot into bootloader or fastboot.

NOTE- Dont flash or restore your previous backup of 4.4.2! It will brick your device!
Brazilian kitkat 4.4.4 link- http://www.mediafire.com/download/5...4_KXB21.14-L1.40_38_cid12_CFC_1FF_SVC.xml.zip
Download mfastboot - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4PT9WP-u_z9NXRBWF9EV2lGcWs/edit
Extract mfastboot and the brazilian 4.4.4 in the same folder and open command prompt in that folder. ( press ctrl+shift+right click- open command line here)

mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

Remember- Flash using the following commands only as they have skipped bootloader and partition table file of kitkat or you would HARD-BRICK your device.

Now let it boot. The screen would be flickering after the boot. Dont panic :p . Now after the boot has finished. Transfer moto g brazilian update to your phone and reboot into recovery. Place in on the root of your sdcard.

Link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/w...sion.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.Brasil.en.BR.zip

If i helped you. Please be Kind Enough to press the Thanks Button. ;) Not just say thanks press thanks. ;)
million thanks,,
you save my moto g,,
tow days am trying to boot
but i cant
after read your post my phone return to life:laugh:

EJRAS

Jan 5, 2015
XT1033 still bricked

Hi

I've got a rooted and unlocked XT1033 (brazilian retail), and after tryed lollipop for a few days (5.0) I decided to get back to 4.4.4 using XT1033_RETAIL-BR-DS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40-1_1_cid12_CFC_1FF.xml. The first problem was in gpt.bin, it shows FAILED, saying couldn't access DATA, and the same thing happens with motoboot.bin. Everthing gone ok until I tryed to boot the phone, it got stucked in "Warning Bootloader Unlocked" message.
I've tried everthig again, I change the gpt.bin with the one from lollipop (Blur_Version.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.Brasil.en.BR) and it works, but motoboot still gives the FAILED message and the xt1033 doesn't work. I've tried adb push/fastboot misc, cwm and philz touch and, with this one, I noticed that the sdcard doesn't mount (perhaps the reason why the "data error" had appeared the first time.
I've tried everthing I know, except from a fresh lollipop ROM (not update) simply because I couldn't find one.
XT1033 still bootlooping...
Any help?

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
Hi

I've got a rooted and unlocked XT1033 (brazilian retail), and after tryed lollipop for a few days (5.0) I decided to get back to 4.4.4 using XT1033_RETAIL-BR-DS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40-1_1_cid12_CFC_1FF.xml. The first problem was in gpt.bin, it shows FAILED, saying couldn't access DATA, and the same thing happens with motoboot.bin. Everthing gone ok until I tryed to boot the phone, it got stucked in "Warning Bootloader Unlocked" message.
I've tried everthig again, I change the gpt.bin with the one from lollipop (Blur_Version.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.Brasil.en.BR) and it works, but motoboot still gives the FAILED message and the xt1033 doesn't work. I've tried adb push/fastboot misc, cwm and philz touch and, with this one, I noticed that the sdcard doesn't mount (perhaps the reason why the "data error" had appeared the first time.
I've tried everthing I know, except from a fresh lollipop ROM (not update) simply because I couldn't find one.
Any help?

First of all you can't downgrade at this stage from lollipop to kitkat. As lollipop has changed and upgraded partition table and bootloader. That is why it is said when downgrading flash everything except gpt.bin and motoboot.bin ( i don't remember exactly the names of these two ). Now what is your current android version? If you can access bootloader try downgrading using this method and than try again to upgrade.

arpitkh96

Feb 17, 2012
panipat
i accidently formatted system/priv-app on 5.0.1(brazillian).So it was a soft brick. i tried your method and downgraded to kk (br).now update for 5.0 (br) isnt installing. it says "modem/image/adsp.b01" has unexpected contents.
so now i am stuck on kk.but intend to go back to 5.0.1 .any solutons?

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
i accidently formatted system/priv-app on 5.0.1(brazillian).So it was a soft brick. i tried your method and downgraded to kk (br).now update for 5.0 (br) isnt installing. it says "modem/image/adsp.b01" has unexpected contents.
so now i am stuck on kk.but intend to go back to 5.0.1 .any solutons?

Flash the Brazilian kitkat again!

arpitkh96

Feb 17, 2012
panipat
Flash the Brazilian kitkat again!

Yeah I am on Brazilian KITKAT 4.4.4 only. With boot loader of lollipop (I guess according to your guide).I am not able to find any work around for this error. Maybe as I am already on lollipop boatloader that's why error is coming

Malyaj

Jan 29, 2014
Lucknow
Yeah I am on Brazilian KITKAT 4.4.4 only. With boot loader of lollipop (I guess according to your guide).I am not able to find any work around for this error. Maybe as I am already on lollipop boatloader that's why error is coming

Flash asian kitkat 4.4.4 using my guide than flash brazilian kitkat 4.4.4 and than update. You have interrupted both firmwares of brazil. Asian ones have different system files. So they would revert you back to original and than when you would install brazil it would fix the error. Try it. And remember do all the flashing by my method in the guide because your bootloader is still of lollipop.

Reactions: arpitkh96

arpitkh96

Feb 17, 2012
panipat
Flash asian kitkat 4.4.4 using my guide than flash brazilian kitkat 4.4.4 and than update. You have interrupted both firmwares of brazil. Asian ones have different system files. So they would revert you back to original and than when you would install brazil it would fix the error. Try it. And remember do all the flashing by my method in the guide because your bootloader is still of lollipop.

Done

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

andy_prak

Nov 28, 2014
Same problem with me..

Hi

Any help?
My moto g dual sim (asia version) was on 5.0.1 Brazilian version(OTA). I downgraded to Brazilian kitkat 4.4.4 rom without flashing gpt.bin and motoboot.img. Since then it is stuck on WARNING BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED screen and its behaving same as yours. TWPR and CWM are unable to mount the /data and /system.
Did you solve your problem .please reply...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

mfastboot erase modemst1
    mfastboot erase modemst2
    mfastboot erase cache
    mfastboot erase userdata
    mfastboot reboot

Will this method work if i apply it on working fully Brazilian soak test 5.0 ROM to revert to KitKat ( brazil ) ?

XT1033

Yes it would help you to revert back to kitkat but you will get flickering screen. But that can be solved by locking and unlocking device. :thumbup:

So I successfully flashed the latest TWRP for XT1033 and made a backup of my stock ROM, but when I rebooted to continue with the rooting process, the phone went into a bootloop (seems to finish the boot-up process, but the screens just turns black afterwards)! I have no idea what caused this, but I clear dalvik and cache before making a backup. Luckily, I found this guide, and thankfully enough, I still have my Brazilian 4.4.4 ROM which I used when I converted my asian Moto G. Thanks man! May God repay your kindness! Now up and running 5.0.2 Brazilian soak test!

Now, back to rooting process! NEVER GIVE UP FOR THE THINGS YOU LOVE! :)
    So I successfully flashed the latest TWRP for XT1033 and made a backup of my stock ROM, but when I rebooted to continue with the rooting process, the phone went into a bootloop (seems to finish the boot-up process, but the screens just turns black afterwards)! I have no idea what caused this, but I clear dalvik and cache before making a backup. Luckily, I found this guide, and thankfully enough, I still have my Brazilian 4.4.4 ROM which I used when I converted my asian Moto G. Thanks man! May God repay your kindness! Now up and running 5.0.2 Brazilian soak test!

Now, back to rooting process! NEVER GIVE UP FOR THE THINGS YOU LOVE! :)

Thank you man!! I appreciate your kindness :)