FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Newest KingRoot works on xt1028

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By inameasone, Junior Member on 24th July 2015, 06:08 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have just rooted my 4.4.4 Xt1028 using KingRoot v 4.5.0 it's not permanent and I can't get xposed to install because of the ro system, My main phone is an xt1028 that was unlocked with sunshine on 4.4.3. However sunshine doesn't support the 4.4.4 so Im at a loss on what to do next. Any suggestions?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inameasone For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st August 2015, 03:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Indeed, I've stumbled upon the same thing!

Root goes away after a reboot, but enough to run TitaniumBackup, or a few other apps that want root in order to read the file system.

This is identical to the prior PIE exploit that worked up to 4.4.2 I wonder if there is a way to package this stuff from KingRoot in order not to waste time running it so obviously after each reboot ...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...vices-t2771623
Last edited by bibikalka; 1st August 2015 at 03:57 AM.
1st August 2015, 11:59 PM |#3  
Flag OH
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
i got a 2013 Moto G Vzw prepaid that i got back when they were $24.95

been waiting to see if it can be rooted or unlocked to get CM installed or something

i turned it on today, tried the activation bypass and i was able to get into the OS
( pressing next, pull down noticication, then multitask and swype away)
(this device is on KK 4.4.4)

i was able to install and run kingroot 4.5.0 and it gave me some error, BUT it worked successfully anyways....
i can confirm root with titanium and terminal etc...

i have yet to restart it, but my purpose of this is to use it as a gopro remote, or playing ingress or some type of home automation

this should get my by until something else is found
2nd August 2015, 05:37 AM |#4  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
The root is temporary whether or not you reboot. After a while, root stops working and sometimes makes your phone unstable. Everything may start to crash and you'd have to reboot your phone.
2nd August 2015, 11:48 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teet1

The root is temporary whether or not you reboot. After a while, root stops working and sometimes makes your phone unstable. Everything may start to crash and you'd have to reboot your phone.

This is true, I've seen it too.

What is interesting is that root checker claims that there is /system/xbin/su present by Kingroot. But /system is always read only. ES explorer appears to create files in /system, but if you quit and re-launch, there are no files there.

From shell, I tried to quickly replace KingRoot with SuperSu :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...persu-t3105546

This did not work since in shell it claims that the file system is read only.

I wonder how Kingroot manages to maintain the illusion of /system/xbin/su for a while.

There could be a way to authorize SuperSu with Kingroot, and keep the temporary root all the way until a reboot.
5th August 2015, 11:03 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Newnan
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I would be so happy to have xposed frameworks at least maybe busybox. my main phone is an xt1028 unlocked but my brothers was already on 4.4.4 that's why I'm so excited about this progress
6th August 2015, 04:50 AM |#7  
Flag Las Vegas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibikalka

This is true, I've seen it too.

What is interesting is that root checker claims that there is /system/xbin/su present by Kingroot. But /system is always read only. ES explorer appears to create files in /system, but if you quit and re-launch, there are no files there.

From shell, I tried to quickly replace KingRoot with SuperSu :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...persu-t3105546

This did not work since in shell it claims that the file system is read only.

I wonder how Kingroot manages to maintain the illusion of /system/xbin/su for a while.

There could be a way to authorize SuperSu with Kingroot, and keep the temporary root all the way until a reboot.

If it manages to write into /system, perhaps we can exploit KingRoot to do some more in depth stuff?
8th August 2015, 04:22 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teet1

If it manages to write into /system, perhaps we can exploit KingRoot to do some more in depth stuff?

It does not write into /system, it just fools the OS for a short while that somehow "su" was placed into /system/xbin . That's the strange thing about it!
8th August 2015, 05:20 AM |#9  
Flag Las Vegas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibikalka

It does not write into /system, it just fools the OS for a short while that somehow "su" was placed into /system/xbin . That's the strange thing about it!

I read it uses an exploit on the system to gain root or temproot. Maybe we can do the same?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)