Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

LuneOS, why not?

OP Zerelth

3rd September 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

149 posts
Ok since LuneOS has been officially supportted, should we consider porting it to our beloved Moto G (It's availble for N4 and N7 though)

Look here: http://pivotce.com/2014/09/01/offici...oject-updates/
Last edited by Zerelth; 3rd September 2014 at 02:29 PM.
3rd September 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 121

320 posts
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerelth

Ok since LuneOS has been officially supportted, should we consider porting it to our beloved Moto G (It's availble for N4 and N7 though)

Look here: http://pivotce.com/2014/09/01/offici...oject-updates/

Honestly, I wouldn't port it since it is not a very friendly OS right now... Besides, it's not as clean and nice as KK..
3rd September 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

149 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckozZ

Honestly, I wouldn't port it since it is not a very friendly OS right now... Besides, it's not as clean and nice as KK..

Yeah well, I'm just saying that it COULD be ported to our device. Though I'd prefer using PA now XD
3rd September 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #4  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 121

320 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerelth

Yeah well, I'm just saying that it COULD be ported to our device. Though I'd prefer using PA now XD

Obviously it's possuble to port it.. But, if someone does it, it will be just like an experiment, not for daily driver since you'll drive crazy, you'll miss KK more that ever
4th September 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 21

176 posts
It's a nice initiative but this is one of the few devices that I'd rather keep stock, as it supports 4.4.4 and you can get pretty nice functionality on the stock rom (which is very optimized) with some xposed packages.
If a dual boot option is possible I would maybe try LuneOS.
4th September 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 340

1,396 posts
More
MultiROM is already ported to moto G falcon... just a matter of time and developers.

In fact, what we need is a port of libhybris, that can be used to boot Linux systems, currently available Sailfish OS and LuneOS, I would prefer Sailfish... However, to do this work, we need someone who has the skills, the device and wants to do it, because it is some difficult sh*t to and not comparable to build a custom ROM.
I experienced that, most of the time, it lacks two those aspects. We could as well pay a dev to do so, but i don't know...

However, MultiROM doesn't work with recent Sailfish ports and probably won't.
There is a guide on how to port Sailfish OS to existing android devices, which includes setting up libhybris, of course. The problem is, it's cased on cyanogenmod 10.2 which we don't have on the moto g and there are some problems with KitKat.

The Moto G is a device with a lot of fans, but as well there are more which use the falcon variant and so have to wait. But I believe it will only be a matter of time, till libhybris will be working either the falcon the peregrine

Gesendet von meinem XT1039 mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keenofhiphop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread