Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Moto G Android Lollipop confirmed for GPE

OP MarckozZ

15th October 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 351

600 posts
More

So Android Lollipop is finally confirmed man!!!!!! Amazing!! Cant wait!!!!

Also confirmed n Motorola Forums!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarckozZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 116

703 posts
More
Nice! I guess we can flash that on non-GPE?
15th October 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddydc1

Nice! I guess we can flash that on non-GPE?

Yes man you can! I did it last Saturday without any problem! here you have the link: with the tool to do it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635706 , it takes only 3 min!
So happy that I did it! I cant wait to receive that "Update your system" notification.
The Following User Says Thank You to titotito1983 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titotito1983

Yes man you can! I did it last Saturday without any problem! here you have the link: with the tool to do it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635706 , it takes only 3 min!
So happy that I did it! I cant wait to receive that "Update your system" notification.

Do you think that the GPE will get the update to android l a lot faster then the stock ones? Considering the stock roms are nearly pure android, do you think there will be a noticeable difference?
How many days do you think the GPE will save compared to the stock one?

How many days was it in the past? Or how many days is it *usually* for motorola devices or even other devices for that matter?
15th October 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #5  

165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelcoder

Do you think that the GPE will get the update to android l a lot faster then the stock ones? Considering the stock roms are nearly pure android, do you think there will be a noticeable difference?
How many days do you think the GPE will save compared to the stock one?

How many days was it in the past? Or how many days is it *usually* for motorola devices or even other devices for that matter?

I really don't know man. Pure logic says that GPE will get it faster because you will not depend on the carrier to release it, just Google. So once they push the button all the GPE devices will get it....

In another note, I feel that the GPE runs much MUCH fluid than the non-GPE.
15th October 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 903

3,485 posts
More
Quote:

I really dont know man. Pure logic says that GPE will get it faster because you will not depend on the carrier to release it, just Google. So once they push the button all the GPE devices will get it....

In another note, I feel that the GPE runs much MUCH fluid than the non-GPE.

Nope, the gpe is still developed by the manufacturer, but they must do it exactly by the book.
15th October 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #7  

165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlt96

Nope, the gpe is still developed by the manufacturer, but they must do it exactly by the book.

Yes I know, but I was refering to the carrier...so for example if you have Verizon, you have to wait until Verizon releases the update, not just Google and then Motorola. In the GPE, since it is unlocked you dont have to wait for any carrier to release it, so you are avoiding one step, hence I think is faster....
15th October 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 351

600 posts
More
Info 2
Quote:

Hey man, i'm planning to flash GPE firmware but I want to know this: does GPE firmware have equalizer or Sound Effects app like the original moto firmware? please answer me ASAP!
16th October 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #9  
Flag West Java
Thanks Meter: 151

457 posts
More
https://motorola-global-portal.custh...news/g_id/1949
16th October 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #10  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 388

262 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandivisi

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...news/g_id/1949

Great news, I had a really bad experience with my previous phone (Desire X) and updates. It got 4.1.2 3 months after release, but never saw another update after that from HTC. I think smartphones should be able to get updates from the OEM's for at least 2 years.

Most ironic fact was that I paid $300 for the Desire X, and $199 for the Moto G. Go figure...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread