Moto G LTE 4.4.4 [XT1039] OTA update 21.11.56

OP Smokey Mc Pot

3rd October 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
It's definitely an XT1039.

I've asked them three times now but they have no idea. I'll wait a bit longer but the urge to flash (or return the phone as not fit for purpose) grows ever stronger.
3rd October 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 398

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
keeps us informed mate and good luck. If you need a hand give me a buzz via pm.
5th October 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #43  
Flag Gl.Rye
Thanks Meter: 88

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_BLN

And......any new experiences? Will it fix the SD-Card problems generally??
All input will be welcome.....

After updating to 21.11.56 I cant read files on my 32 GB. kingston sdcard. Before updating all was working just fine, so now I have to flash the original firmware to retrieve my sdcard.
But I think I will try cyanogen first. Crossing fingers ram bug won't affect me...

EDIT: Using the Moto G to reformat my sdcard seems to fix it. What a hassle this update gave me, troubleshooting, backup, reformat and restore backup
Last edited by Allan_Hun; 6th October 2014 at 12:19 AM.
11th October 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #44  

7 posts
More
O2 reflash
I finally gave up waiting for O2 to release the update, helped by my phone getting stuck in the "1 of 1 updating/systemui has crashed" loop: since I needed to clear user data I figured I might as well go for the retail f/w too. Almost immediately the OTA notification appeared and so far I've had no more problems with the SD dismounting, terrific.
11th October 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 398

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you still have the O2 apps after retail install mate ? Glad it worked for you as well.
12th October 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #46  

7 posts
More
Just My O2, there were two others before. There's a couple of mentions in the versions still but otherwise it seems as clean as possible.
20th October 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #47  

7 posts
I'm back and still here! Sorry I've not updated but I had some serious career problems, which are now resolved, so I can concentrate back on my phone. I've flashed the system. boot and recovery and I've upgraded with success! I'm now running 21.11.56! Thank you so much everyone who's help, this is a fantastic forum who is polite and helpful! Makes a change to some other forums!

I guess next will be to root this device again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Not_Technically_Minded! For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread