Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola stopped all 4.4.3 rollouts due to the OpenSSL bug.

Tip us?

archies20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Wink Motorola stopped all 4.4.3 rollouts due to the OpenSSL bug.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...-4-update.html

So waiting for 4.4.4 kitkat.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to archies20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bozzykid
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by archies20 View Post

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...-4-update.html

So waiting for 4.4.4 kitkat.
Clearly, a lack of understanding from whoever reposted his comments. David Schuster said that updates that were in carrier labs were halted. Those are updates that have not been approved by carriers. No where does he say they have stopped any current rollouts. Btw, he never once mentions the Moto G afaik.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bozzykid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vkk178
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzykid View Post
Clearly, a lack of understanding from whoever reposted his comments. David Schuster said that updates that were in carrier labs were halted. Those are updates that have not been approved by carriers. No where does he say they have stopped any current rollouts. Btw, he never once mentions the Moto G afaik.
It seems kinda logical option to stop 4.4.3 and jump to 4.4.4 for moto devices . To me it doesn't matter if they are gonna take 2 - 3 weeks to rollout . It's understandable. As long as the new upgrade patches the holes for network drop outs and the new update is well tested

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Brain waved using the brain

AgentChaos
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
i dont think it will take that long. it will probably be pushed out next week, during or after Google I/O
My Device
Moto G (16GB - Europe Retail)
Rom: Rooted Stock
(4.4.4) with Xposed + GravityBox
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1

bozzykid
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkk178 View Post
It seems kinda logical option to stop 4.4.3 and jump to 4.4.4 for moto devices . To me it doesn't matter if they are gonna take 2 - 3 weeks to rollout . It's understandable. As long as the new upgrade patches the holes for network drop outs and the new update is well tested

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Perhaps, but the Motorola employee never said they were stopping rollouts. He said that updates that were currently in carrier testing were being resubmitted. The updates take up to a month for testing by carriers so obviously they will start the process over with .4 right away. The rollout to non carrier specific devices should not be affected. The .4 update is less than 3mb for the Nexus devices. It is a very small set of changes and there is no reason Motorola would halt the current rollout when the bug being addressed is not new.

wedgess
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13,440

DONATE TO ME
Please use the existing thread for 4.4.3 updates. It's better to keep everything in one thread rather than having multiple threads with near identical discussions (or at least the same topic). http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...770799&page=45

Thread closed
-wedgess
Forum Moderator

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe