FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Newb-Friendly Guide to Rooting Moto G 4G LTE(peregrine)

462 posts
Thanks Meter: 211

By Hitorijanae, Senior Member on 25th June 2014, 01:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th June 2015, 09:31 PM |#51  
Flag Eugene
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will this work with 4.4.4?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level99

As far as I am aware, the Cricket variant XT1045 is unable to have an unlocked bootloader. Since Towelroot also fails to work, it doesn't look like there's any root methods for those devices at this time.

Well that sucks.

*Darth Vader yelling no*

5th July 2015, 07:48 PM |#52  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 13

More
does this work with 5.1?
8th July 2015, 02:33 PM |#53  
Moto G 4G LTE (Peregrine, XT1045) Lollipop 5.1 Root/Temporary Recovery Method
Quote:
Originally Posted by toge64

does this work with 5.1?

Note: I take no credit for any of the files or specific procedures in this guide, I just combbled them together and willed myself to have the cohones to try it out.

WARNING: I highly recommend you not actually flash this recovery over the stock recovery. This recovery was not specifically built for the peregrine, nor have I tested any kind of restoration operations with it. It does not support external_sd storage, and anything you do with it is at your own risk.

Required:
Unlocked Bootloader XT1045 on Stock Android 5.1
Latest SuperSu flashable zip, found at http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu (thanks Chainfire)
The twrp-2.8.6.0-falcon.img recovery from http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...overy-t2980621 (thanks h2o64)
adb and fastboot
the drivers for your phone

I'm fairly certain your bootloader needs to be unlocked for this method. My bootloader is unlocked, and I'm not goint to re-lock just to try it.

Steps:

1. Make sure Android Debugging is enabled on your device. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Copy the supersu flashable zip to the root of your device's storage (as of this writing, it should be v2.46, so that's what I'll be doing the commands for).
3. Copy the twrp-2.8.6.0-falcon.img recovery to the directory you will be issuing the adb and fastboot commands from.
4. Open a cmd prompt from the location where you will be issuing adb and fastboot commands from.
5. Type in the following:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Once the phone reboots into fastboot mode, issue the following command:
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-2.8.6.0-falcon.img
Your device should vibrate and reboot, most likely showing a "Powered by Android" image. The Teamwin splash image should show up before long, but give it a minute or two if it seems stuck.
7. Once TWRP is up, select Install and select the UPDATE-SuperSu-v2.46.zip file. Proceed with the install.
8. Reboot and you should have root, while leaving the rest of your stock intact.

I will modify or remove these instructions once a suitable peregrine recovery has been baked (I'm not an active code chef, despite my avatar, so I'm hoping that Somcom3X can accommodate).

Happy rooting on your sticky lollipops!
10th July 2015, 02:38 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level99

Note: I take no credit for any of the files or specific procedures in this guide, I just combbled them together and willed myself to have the cohones to try it out.

WARNING: I highly recommend you not actually flash this recovery over the stock recovery. This recovery was not specifically built for the peregrine, nor have I tested any kind of restoration operations with it. It does not support external_sd storage, and anything you do with it is at your own risk.

Required:
Unlocked Bootloader XT1045 on Stock Android 5.1
Latest SuperSu flashable zip, found at http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu (thanks Chainfire)
The twrp-2.8.6.0-falcon.img recovery from http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...overy-t2980621 (thanks h2o64)
adb and fastboot
the drivers for your phone

I'm fairly certain your bootloader needs to be unlocked for this method. My bootloader is unlocked, and I'm not goint to re-lock just to try it.

Steps:

1. Make sure Android Debugging is enabled on your device. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Copy the supersu flashable zip to the root of your device's storage (as of this writing, it should be v2.46, so that's what I'll be doing the commands for).
3. Copy the twrp-2.8.6.0-falcon.img recovery to the directory you will be issuing the adb and fastboot commands from.
4. Open a cmd prompt from the location where you will be issuing adb and fastboot commands from.
5. Type in the following:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Once the phone reboots into fastboot mode, issue the following command:
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-2.8.6.0-falcon.img
Your device should vibrate and reboot, most likely showing a "Powered by Android" image. The Teamwin splash image should show up before long, but give it a minute or two if it seems stuck.
7. Once TWRP is up, select Install and select the UPDATE-SuperSu-v2.46.zip file. Proceed with the install.
8. Reboot and you should have root, while leaving the rest of your stock intact.

I will modify or remove these instructions once a suitable peregrine recovery has been baked (I'm not an active code chef, despite my avatar, so I'm hoping that Somcom3X can accommodate).

Happy rooting on your sticky lollipops!

how to root moto g lte xt1039???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread