Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[OTA Update ZIP][4.4.4] Republic Wireless Moto G (2013)

26th January 2015, 08:40 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Princeton
Thanks Meter: 39

68 posts
More
I finally got the OTA update to upgrade my Republic Wireless Moto G from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4. Thought to save the package for whoever wants it. Just for verification, I received it today, 1/26/15, and copied it directly from my /cache folder. No modifications were made (not even the file name).

I don't know what anyone could use it for but it's all yours. It's currently hosted on my Google Drive but feel free to let me know if there's a better place to host it or if the account's bandwidth is used up.

Things I imagine it being useful for things such as trying to port Republic Wireless to Sprint or other Moto G's, figuring out how Republic Wireless sets up the whole system, a fresh start for users who killed their phones, etc.
Of course, it might not even be able to be manually installed, though I'd think using the stock bootloader would be the best bet.

It might just be good etiquette, but I'd also appreciate you referring to this thread if/when you share the .zip with someone or work with it, as it seems like I'm the only one who's done this and I'd appreciate just a smudge of recognition if it leads to anything important.

Zip file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9A...ew?usp=sharing

Edit: Also, if someone happens to have a Sprint Moto G lying around and doesn't care what happens to it, I think it would be in a lot of people's interests for you to try and flash the update, and then report back on it.
Last edited by rino757; 27th January 2015 at 02:09 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rino757 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.4, moto g, ota, republic wireless, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread