Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon Moto G Temp Root using Towelroot v3

Tip us?

mohlsen8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Verizon Moto G Temp Root using Towelroot v3

I searched but don't think anyone has posted this already, so sorry if this is already known. I have a Verizon Moto G on 4.3 - I was holding off on updates with the hope that someone would find a way to disable write access or some other magical exploit since this is my wifi toy anyway. Anyway, I've been playing around and figured out the code to successfully use Towelroot v3 for temp root. Open it, tap on "welcome to towelroot v3" a few times until the text box pops up, then change the numbers to:

1337 0 0 0 1 1

Maybe someone can confirm this works on Kitkat versions < 4.4.4. It'd be awesome if someone can get something like Towelpieroot working for us with this automatically running on reboot.

Kaiyo Droid
Old
(Last edited by Kaiyo Droid; 24th August 2014 at 10:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I'll give this a shot and report back. Have a VZW Moto G ON 4.4.4.

Edit: No luck here it seems. Once I input the numbers and tapped "Make It Rain", the app simply froze up with the prompt "TowelRoot is not reaponding" eventually poppinng after a moment or two. I could still navigate the Moto G just fine, but TowelRoot stays frozen. You can close it the normal way. I tried using both dalvik and ART. Ichecked for root by downloading SuperSU and opening it, but I'd get the message that no superuser binary is installed.

mohlsen8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo Droid View Post
I'll give this a shot and report back. Have a VZW Moto G ON 4.4.4.

Edit: No luck here it seems. Once I input the numbers and tapped "Make It Rain", the app simply froze up with the prompt "TowelRoot is not reaponding" eventually poppinng after a moment or two. I could still navigate the Moto G just fine, but TowelRoot stays frozen. You can close it the normal way. I tried using both dalvik and ART. Ichecked for root by downloading SuperSU and opening it, but I'd get the message that no superuser binary is installed.
Thanks for trying, but that would have been expected. This was patched in time for 4.4.4 to come out. I think there was an earlier KitKat version released for the Verizon Moto G though, right? Otherwise I guess this is just 4.3 then.

Kaiyo Droid
Old
(Last edited by Kaiyo Droid; 27th August 2014 at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohlsen8 View Post
Thanks for trying, but that would have been expected. This was patched in time for 4.4.4 to come out. I think there was an earlier KitKat version released for the Verizon Moto G though, right? Otherwise I guess this is just 4.3 then.
Still, I thank you very much for sharing this

Now I wish that there were some way for me to downgrade.

jwildman16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm on 4.4.2. Tried this method and the phone freezes and eventually just reboots. I bought mine a few months ago when Best Buy had them for $50 and it came with 4.4.2 already installed.