Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Verizon Moto G Temp Root using Towelroot v3

OP mohlsen8

24th August 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

161 posts
More
I searched but don't think anyone has posted this already, so sorry if this is already known. I have a Verizon Moto G on 4.3 - I was holding off on updates with the hope that someone would find a way to disable write access or some other magical exploit since this is my wifi toy anyway. Anyway, I've been playing around and figured out the code to successfully use Towelroot v3 for temp root. Open it, tap on "welcome to towelroot v3" a few times until the text box pops up, then change the numbers to:

1337 0 0 0 1 1

Maybe someone can confirm this works on Kitkat versions < 4.4.4. It'd be awesome if someone can get something like Towelpieroot working for us with this automatically running on reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to mohlsen8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

24 posts
I'll give this a shot and report back. Have a VZW Moto G ON 4.4.4.

Edit: No luck here it seems. Once I input the numbers and tapped "Make It Rain", the app simply froze up with the prompt "TowelRoot is not reaponding" eventually poppinng after a moment or two. I could still navigate the Moto G just fine, but TowelRoot stays frozen. You can close it the normal way. I tried using both dalvik and ART. Ichecked for root by downloading SuperSU and opening it, but I'd get the message that no superuser binary is installed.
Last edited by Kaiyo Droid; 24th August 2014 at 11:07 AM.
24th August 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo Droid

I'll give this a shot and report back. Have a VZW Moto G ON 4.4.4.

Edit: No luck here it seems. Once I input the numbers and tapped "Make It Rain", the app simply froze up with the prompt "TowelRoot is not reaponding" eventually poppinng after a moment or two. I could still navigate the Moto G just fine, but TowelRoot stays frozen. You can close it the normal way. I tried using both dalvik and ART. Ichecked for root by downloading SuperSU and opening it, but I'd get the message that no superuser binary is installed.

Thanks for trying, but that would have been expected. This was patched in time for 4.4.4 to come out. I think there was an earlier KitKat version released for the Verizon Moto G though, right? Otherwise I guess this is just 4.3 then.
24th August 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohlsen8

Thanks for trying, but that would have been expected. This was patched in time for 4.4.4 to come out. I think there was an earlier KitKat version released for the Verizon Moto G though, right? Otherwise I guess this is just 4.3 then.

Still, I thank you very much for sharing this

Now I wish that there were some way for me to downgrade.
Last edited by Kaiyo Droid; 27th August 2014 at 10:49 PM.
12th September 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dacono
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
I'm on 4.4.2. Tried this method and the phone freezes and eventually just reboots. I bought mine a few months ago when Best Buy had them for $50 and it came with 4.4.2 already installed.
21st November 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Angry
Quote:

I searched but don't think anyone has posted this already, so sorry if this is already known. I have a Verizon Moto G on 4.3 - I was holding off on updates with the hope that someone would find a way to disable write access or some other magical exploit since this is my wifi toy anyway. Anyway, I've been playing around and figured out the code to successfully use Towelroot v3 for temp root. Open it, tap on "welcome to towelroot v3" a few times until the text box pops up, then change the numbers to:

1337 0 0 0 1 1

Maybe someone can confirm this works on Kitkat versions < 4.4.4. It'd be awesome if someone can get something like Towelpieroot working for us with this automatically running on reboot.

It does not work on 4.4.4
23rd November 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 50

252 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

1337 0 0 0 1 1

Doesn't seem to be working on my G with 4.3? Are you doing something more than whats just posted? It says the device should be rooted, but no apps detect root. :/
23rd November 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmohit

Doesn't seem to be working on my G with 4.3? Are you doing something more than whats just posted? It says the device should be rooted, but no apps detect root. :/

I don't remember at this point. There's one combination out there that should work for you. Really though, at this point as long as you're not on 4.4.4, you should be looking to unlock your bootloader with sunshine. Can vouch that it works perfectly.

http://theroot.ninja/

The Following User Says Thank You to mohlsen8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread