[TWRP][Backup][5.1] Stock Motorola ROM [XT1033][Compressed]

Search This thread
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

Hi, I made a TWRP Backup of the latest 5.1 update from Motorola for Moto G 2013. All credits to @bloodhound42 for capturing the OTA.

For XT1033 INDIAN Moto G

Download-button.png

Note : This Backup is non-rooted and has no modifications to system.

Mediafire

Instructions
Code:
[SIZE="4"]1. Download zip and extract it, now place the folder named "Stock" into internalstorage/TWRP/BACKUPS/<deviceid>/.
2. Reboot into TWRP recovery (Recommended to use @h2o64 's TWRP).
3. Format data/cache/dalvik cache and system.
4. Restore zip and reboot.[/SIZE]

Last edited:

gmp009

Mar 3, 2011
Hyderabad
can u tell me how i root my moto g with android 5.1 ? as i cant use ur zip now

what if i try CF-Auto-Root-falconumtsds-falconretbrds-xt1033 this will it work>?

kedar512

May 10, 2013
Mumbai
Is there any screen flicker for bootloader 41.18?
Are custom roms working fine with new bootloader ie 41.1A?

sarthakspiker

Jan 16, 2015
chennai
Do i need to take backup before updating?
Or everything will remain intact after update?

It's like a ROM.. Internal will stay as it is..

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

No.. It won't flicker.. And for your info this zip won't update your bootloader..

Reactions: kedar512
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

I can confirm rooting works well, I havn't tested Xposed and wont since I don't like Xposed. Reverting to custom roms wont affect anything. Since the new bootloader 41.1A is already supported by CM. I reverted to Alberto's AOSP no flicker or other bugs. :)

Official Update size is around 208Mb but this rooted one is 536Mb. Why so huge difference in size?

Official OTA is 208 MB yes. To flash that OTA you need to download 430 MB Stock rom, flash that then again download the OTA which is 208 MB and update, so that makes more than 640 MB download in total. But my flashable zip saves you 100+ MB as well as saves you from fastboot and those command stuff and all that. Simple as that. :) :)

Kedharnadh

Jul 23, 2013
Stucked at boot logo

XT1033 bootloader unlocked, TWRP Installed and rooted phone installed 5.0.2

upter updated to 5.1 phone stucked at bootlogo , can someone plz help me.

Attachments

• IMG_20150904_113534803_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150904_113534803_HDR.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 345

surajkala

May 9, 2012
Guwahati
twitter.com
thanks a lot .. But m waiting for @lost101 to come up with a optimized version of it

Stock Kernel | Debloated | Zipaligned | Rooted | Busybox | init.d Script Support
OTA Updates Disabled | Non-essential Motorola Services removed | More RAM available
'Cast Screen' Enabled | Post-install zipaligning (Darky / Fly-On Mod™)
MultiROM Compatible | Improved Battery Life | Lock-screen rotation

Reactions: borisevstratov

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Update size is around 208Mb but this rooted one is 536Mb. Why so huge difference in size?
    Because update patches 5.0.2 this zip is made after patching with update so 5.1 on top of 5.0.2 and hence this zip is 500+ MB hope u understood it

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
    Do i need to take backup before updating?
    Or everything will remain intact after update?

It's like a ROM.. Internal will stay as it is..

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

No.. It won't flicker.. And for your info this zip won't update your bootloader..
    thanks a lot .. But m waiting for @lost101 to come up with a optimized version of it

Stock Kernel | Debloated | Zipaligned | Rooted | Busybox | init.d Script Support
    OTA Updates Disabled | Non-essential Motorola Services removed | More RAM available
    'Cast Screen' Enabled | Post-install zipaligning (Darky / Fly-On Mod™)
    MultiROM Compatible | Improved Battery Life | Lock-screen rotation
    @yeshwanthvshenoy Thanks for uploading this.:good:
    I was on Cm 12.1 with TWRP, but was tired of not having the ability to change the SIM from within the dialer.
    The stock ROM seems to be the only one to have that option.

And your upload made going back to stock so easy. Unzip, reboot, flash.

Actually, there was a 4th step. The phone was taking a very long time to reboot, and was stuck at the motorola animation logo, so I forced it to reboot again, and voila - a smooth, fast, experience, with all the dual sim and motorola goodies (driving mode).

I did a factory reset because titanium backup screwed up the phone while restoring, and faced the stuck at the motorola animation logo problem again. Forced a reboot, and it's working perfectly again.

I did about 2 dozen reboots since then to test the ROM, and it's been problem free.

I've only been on the ROM for about 15 hours, and it's all good so far.
    Since I was rooted before, I got a notification asking me to download the SU app the moment I first booted into the phone, and can confirm that root works.

Thanks again for uploading this!