Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.4.4 For UK

Tip us?

glossywhite
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jikobutsu View Post
I have the update this morning. I flashed to Vodafone uk 4.4.2 and got the update straight away.

Nice new feature that was something that was annoying, you can now remove carrier from status bar on 4.4.4

Well that's a bit handy; my Moto G is an unlocked UK Voda PAYG; I'll maybe put back the Voda firmware and see what happens

Thank you for keeping us posted; very much appreciated

God bless you.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkiieh View Post
Strange I joke you not I got onto the phone to vodaphone and told them to push the update out. They said it wasn't up to them but it is on carrier locked devices .. They realised and said we will get onto tech support now

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You never know; althought I find it hard to believe that Vodafone's "customer services" making a call to tech support would make that happen. I'm sure it isn't beyond the realms of possibility, and could well happen... it just seems unlikely.

Clarkiieh
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by glossywhite View Post
Well that's a bit handy; my Moto G is an unlocked UK Voda PAYG; I'll maybe put back the Voda firmware and see what happens

Thank you for keeping us posted; very much appreciated

God bless you.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

You never know; althought I find it hard to believe that Vodafone's "customer services" making a call to tech support would make that happen. I'm sure it isn't beyond the realms of possibility, and could well happen... it just seems unlikely.
I wasn't trying to look good haha, but I did call them I spoke for about 20 minutes explaining that a carrier locked device will not update until the carrier (in this case vodaphone) has give it the green light..

They where obviously undertrained and where either reading from pre made scripts on there computers or googling everything..
In the end the woman spoke to her floor manager and he said to me that he was sorry for the miscommunication and that I was correct..
He then went to say I will get someone to contact tech support as is their department that deal with this area of work and give them the heads up..

I don't know maybe I did push the boat out.. Or it was just a coincidence but I did make that call

I ain't paying 24 a month for a phone that the carrier are too lazy to push updates out...

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
A Problem Only Exists If There Is No Solution.
I'm That Solution

talhask
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Guys got OTA update to 4.4.4....
The Following User Says Thank You to talhask For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nexus4life
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Even I got the 4.4.4 OTA yesterday!
Hoping for fixes in battery life!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

liveroy
Old
(Last edited by liveroy; 23rd July 2014 at 12:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Yep, the UK 4.4.4 for genetic UK Moto G is available since yesterday.
The update is 181 MB in size, which is quite large for the rather minor update that 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-21-10-10.png
Views:	45
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	2866634  
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.
The Following User Says Thank You to liveroy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nexus4life
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How you got the battery % on system tray?

Clarkiieh
Old
Thanks Meter 83
He would have used gravity box or blasttools

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
A Problem Only Exists If There Is No Solution.
I'm That Solution
The Following User Says Thank You to Clarkiieh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nexus4life
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I understand! Without gravity box or blasstools is not possible?