Sunday Debate: Corporate Cyanogen Good for Android?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel … more

AOSP Lollipop 5.1.0 for LG Optimus 4X HD

One of the main rivals of the legendary Samsung Galaxy SIII, the LG Optimus 4X HD has received … more

S6 Pre-orders on T-Mobile are Arriving

T-Mobile appears to be first off the mark with delivering the S6, as some customers are already … more

Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Apps to freeze 4.4.4

30th July 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
This is the list off apps i have frozen in v4.4.4 So far everythings seems to work fine. Any other suggestions?

1 Android Live Wallpaper
2 Basic Daydreams
3 Bubbles
4 Cloud Print
5 com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks ???
6 com.android.wallpaper.holospiral
7 com.motorola.authentification ???
8 com.motorola.bug2go ???
9 com.motorola.emarphoneextns ???
10 com.motorola.motgeofencesvc ???
11 Demo Mode
12 Device Management 1.0
13 Downloads [Make sure you have an alternative file browser]
14 Face Unlock
15 Google One Time Init ??? [Maybe when you do a factory reset?]
16 Google Play Books
17 Google Play Games
18 Google Play Movies
19 Google Play Music
20 Google Play Newsstand
21 Goog TTS
22 Google Pinyin
23 Help 1.1.19
24 HP Print Service Plugin
25 Launcher [Make sure you have an alternative Launcher. I prefer Mini Launcher]
26 Magic Smoke Wallpapers
27 MotoCare
28 MotoCareInt
29 Motorola Assist
30 Motorola Assist framework
31 Motorola bgapp1
32 Motorola Checkin
33 Motorola Contextual Services ???
34 Motorola DriveActivator ???
35 Motorola Migrate
36 Motorola Notification
37 Motorola One Time Init ??? [Maybe when you do a factory reset?]
38 Motorola Services 6 [Do not disable for OTA]
39 Motorola Services Main 1.0
40 MotorolaOTA
41 MotoSignatureApp
42 Music Visualization Wallpapers
43 Phase Beam
44 Photo Screensavers
45 Picasa Uploader
46 Setup ??? [Maybe when you do a factory reset?]
47 Setup Wizard ??? [Maybe when you do a factory reset?]
Last edited by justanicename; 31st July 2014 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
8th October 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #2  
theonecallednick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 8
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanicename

This is the list off apps i have frozen in v4.4.4 So far everythings seems to work fine. Any other suggestions?

1 Android Live Wallpaper
2 Basic Daydreams
3 Bubbles
4 Cloud Print
5 com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks ???
6 com.android.wallpaper.holospiral
7 com.motorola.authentification ???
8 com.motorola.bug2go ???
9 com.motorola.emarphoneextns ???
10 com.motorola.motgeofencesvc ???
11 Demo Mode
12 Device Management 1.0
13 Downloads [Make sure you have an alternative file browser]
14 Face Unlock
15 Google One Time Init ??? [Maybe when you do a factory reset?]
16 Google Play Books
17 Google Play Games
18 Google Play Movies
19 Google Play Music
20 Google Play Newsstand
21 Goog TTS
22 Google Pinyin
23 Help 1.1.19
24 HP Print Service Plugin
25 Launcher [Make sure you have an alternative Launcher. I prefer Mini Launcher]
26 Magic Smoke Wallpapers
27 MotoCare
28 MotoCareInt
29 Motorola Assist
30 Motorola Assist framework
31 Motorola bgapp1
32 Motorola Checkin
33 Motorola Contextual Services ???
34 Motorola DriveActivator ???
35 Motorola Migrate
36 Motorola Notification
37 Motorola One Time Init ??? [Maybe when you do a factory reset?]
38 Motorola Services 6 [Do not disable for OTA]
39 Motorola Services Main 1.0
40 MotorolaOTA
41 MotoSignatureApp
42 Music Visualization Wallpapers
43 Phase Beam
44 Photo Screensavers
45 Picasa Uploader
46 Setup ??? [Maybe when you do a factory reset?]
47 Setup Wizard ??? [Maybe when you do a factory reset?]

try doing a factory reset
16th October 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonecallednick

try doing a factory reset

what has that to do with freezing apps?
16th October 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #4  
2hipso's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Slovakia, Žilina
Thanks Meter: 79
 
258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanicename

what has that to do with freezing apps?

no questions, just backup pics, music, contacts and do it... sometimes, after upgrade it's happening that something goes wrong (freezing apps, OS restarting or giving FC etc.), factory reset helps in 99% of cases
16th October 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipso

no questions, just backup pics, music, contacts and do it... sometimes, after upgrade it's happening that something goes wrong (freezing apps, OS restarting or giving FC etc.), factory reset helps in 99% of cases

Still what is the purpose of factory reset?

I just uploaded a list of all the apps that I froze to improve performance an 'remove' bloatware. Everything works fine with that list. So I don't understand why people would suggest to do a factory reset?
16th October 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
People thought that those apps frozed when you used them on 4.4.4.

sent from my amazing moto g <3
16th October 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #7  
2hipso's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Slovakia, Žilina
Thanks Meter: 79
 
258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanicename

Still what is the purpose of factory reset?

I just uploaded a list of all the apps that I froze to improve performance an 'remove' bloatware. Everything works fine with that list. So I don't understand why people would suggest to do a factory reset?

oh so... it's not "frozing", apps are freezing, when they lagging... I think you disabled apps, don't you?
16th October 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipso

oh so... it's not "frozing", apps are freezing, when they lagging... I think you disabled apps, don't you?

Yep, i disable apps to improve performance and remove bloatware.

The list is just a reference for myself and to help others if they want to disable apps. And also i just want to see if others try to disable other apps to improve there phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to justanicename For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes