Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 41,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Greenify "Keep notidfications" feature not working as expected

Tip us?

nilanko
Old
(Last edited by nilanko; 28th June 2014 at 12:07 PM.) Reason: New related question
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Greenify "Keep notidfications" feature not working as expected

Has anybody tried the xposed framework? Phone is rooted and I want to use the "keep notifications" feature which requires xposed. I have read the xposed threads and it seems like its very unstable n had loads of bugs and can also almost brick the phone. Has any body tried greenify with xposed? Has anybody installed xposed successfully on moto g?Are there any problems on moto g due to xposed?

Thanks guys for the help. I did install and activate it and rebooted. I activated the greenify module and rebooted again. Then I turned on the "keep notiifcations" feature in greenify and rebooted yet again. Now another problem quietly bombarded upon my face. I am simply not getting any notification for the hibernated apps. For example, let's take the Facebook's messenger app. It is hibernated. I asked my friend to send me a message just to see if I got any notification. I simply didn't. Any solutions to this?

chirag03
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Noo... nothing like that u cn use....i m using it...also have more modules too..nvr had any problm.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanko View Post
Has anybody tried the xposed framework? Phone is rooted and I want to use the "keep notifications" feature which requires xposed. I have read the xposed threads and it seems like its very unstable n had loads of bugs and can also almost brick the phone. Has any body tried greenify with xposed? Has anybody installed xposed successfully on moto g?Are there any problems on moto g due to xposed?
Xposed gets unstable if you use lots of modules and especially some exotic ones.Otherwise you wont even notice that it's there.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

SbM_
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I concur. Used Xposed with the GravityBox and BootManager modules for several months on my previous phone and never had any problem. I guess you could get bugs if you activate different modules that perform the same modifications, though. They might conflict with one another, I guess.
Moto G [XT1032 8 GB retail FR]
Nexus 7 [grouper 16 GB]
Acer CloudMobile (S500)
Acer Liquid Glow (E330)

nilanko
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Thanks guys for the help. I did install and activate it and rebooted. I activated the greenify module and rebooted again. Then I turned on the "keep notiifcations" feature in greenify and rebooted yet again. Now another problem quietly bombarded upon my face. I am simply not getting any notification for the hibernated apps. For example, let's take the Facebook's messenger app. It is hibernated. I asked my friend to send me a message just to see if I got any notification. I simply didn't. Any solutions to this?

SbM_
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Yes : uninstall Greenify
I never noticed any real difference in battery life.
Nexus 7 [grouper 16 GB]
Acer CloudMobile (S500)
Acer Liquid Glow (E330)

rogeriorp
Old
Thanks Meter 80
I am seriously considering giving up on greenify for a while and see if it goes well, maybe back to use ART in this case for uninstalling xposed. I feel the battery impact is not that huge at all.

nilanko
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbM_ View Post
Yes : uninstall Greenify
I never noticed any real difference in battery life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp View Post
I am seriously considering giving up on greenify for a while and see if it goes well, maybe back to use ART in this case for uninstalling xposed. I feel the battery impact is not that huge at all.
Guys, I don't use Greenify for saving battery, I use it for getting some free RAM. These apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, etc always keep running in the background and hog memory and impact game performance. Also, when these apps receive messages and a notification comes up, the running game lags for some seconds badly. One solution is turning the wifi off. But still, these apps do try to connect when running in the background and thus they do have some sort of activity going on. Also, they eat RAM and depriving the game of memory and thus slowing it down.

rogeriorp
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Guys, I don't use Greenify for saving battery, I use it for getting some free RAM. These apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, etc always keep running in the background and hog memory and impact game performance. Also, when these apps receive messages and a notification comes up, the running game lags for some seconds badly. One solution is turning the wifi off. But still, these apps do try to connect when running in the background and thus they do have some sort of activity going on. Also, they eat RAM and depriving the game of memory and thus slowing it down.
In that case simply enable "GCM Push notifications" on experimental features, all the pushes that come within GCM will work properly - well, quite properly since it lags the notifications a bit on my end.

SbM_
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Oh OK. I don't play on my phone so wasn't aware of this, sorry.
Nexus 7 [grouper 16 GB]
Acer CloudMobile (S500)
Acer Liquid Glow (E330)