Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,421 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Slow to receive text message

Tip us?

farlofan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Slow to receive text message

Hi,

Just bought a moto g 4g and had it unlocked - not rooted all stock, all seemed fine until I tried a friend's phone to send a number of texts one after the other. Some came through right away as you'd expect but other took between about 30 seconds to 2 mins to appear which shouldn't happen. Not had wifi on but have had data on but it doesn't seem to follow any specific pattern.
Why does this happen and can I do anything about it?

Thanks

AndroidDevo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by farlofan View Post
Hi,

Just bought a moto g 4g and had it unlocked - not rooted all stock, all seemed fine until I tried a friend's phone to send a number of texts one after the other. Some came through right away as you'd expect but other took between about 30 seconds to 2 mins to appear which shouldn't happen. Not had wifi on but have had data on but it doesn't seem to follow any specific pattern.
Why does this happen and can I do anything about it?

Thanks
When you send a text to a person, or receive a text, that text message is not sent directly to the phone, but rather a service center, which the text received, stored, and then sent off to the recipient. Unless, the messaging app is having issues, locking up, or whatever, everything else has to do with the service center, and the amount of messages being sent in and out could effect the overall time of the message reaching to the other phone. The cell phone tower that is being used could be the issue to with the delay factor, "data wise," my local cell phone tower could have an awesome ping of like 8-15, randomly, but other times, I get a larger ping of up to +800. As long as the messages are being sent to you, within a decent time period, I wouldn't think it would be to much to worry about.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidDevo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]