[GUIDE] ROM 4.4.4 GPE Unbrick phone, failed flash or downgraded, fully working 4.4.4

Search This thread

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
i have a moto g xt1032 16gb global gsm from amazon, converted to gpe 4.4.2, then after updating the OTA 4.4.4 it failed and bricked the phone, i tried everything, many methods, etc, no luck, until this one worked, but with no signal
http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/howto-fix-stuck-boot-downgrading-t2808098

i had another moto g which updated fine to GPE 4.4.4, then i created nandroid backups of that rom, using that, it allows us to restore our moto g bricked to a fully working GPE 4.4.4, with network and everything else working perfect (at least for me), the answer for all problems was using a custom recovery philz 6047 to format the partitions in the GPE format

i don´t know if this works on other moto g, like i said i have XT1032 16GB GLOBAL GSM FROM AMAZON, and xt1032 from CHILE CLARO

STEPS
(i hope you know about cmd, fastboot, adb, custom recovery, push, etc, please don´t be so noob guys XD, investigate and read a little, the most important part are drivers for fastboot and for recovery, there should be no problem aside that

1)download and flash this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2747181
(this might not be needed but i would prefer if you do it because that is exactly what i did)
this will flash or convert your regular moto g into Gpe 4.4.2, even if it is already bricked

2)download this file and unzip:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5gaecfmtpja1x6b/unbrick_4.4.4_gpe_xt1032_by_philz_push.7z

2.5)put phone in fastboot mode and plug

3)if you did flash 1) then you should already have philz 6047 on your phone, else flash philz recovery 6047 by your own means, or included on my zip by clicking fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.bat

trust me, you have to use that version of philz, the latest one does not work, i don´t know about other recoveries

4)run recovery and:

mounts and storage:
format cache
format data and data media

wipe data:
clean to install a new rom

5)click on pc:
adb push a.zip sdcard a.zip
and wait like 2 minutes, then the window cmd should disappear

you can unplug now

6)on philz go to:

install zip:
choose zip from sd card

search for a.zip

flash, it should take like 4 minutes

7) reboot and enjoy the google 4 balls of life XD for 2 minutes

8) check if you have signal, i believe, if you flashed 1), then you should have signal, else download images of gpe 4.4.2 for your country or region and cmd this:

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot reboot

this part about signal might be tricky, remember there are many countries and various moto g models, mine is xt 1032 global gsm from amazon and working perfect in venezuela using retail GPE images

9) i believe that should be all, next time, we better wait for images of android before flashing like crazy lol

Screenshot_2014-07-08-11-47-38.png

PD
the person who created the partition of gpe, and another different for regular moto g, can go to hell, also for not releasing fastboot images at time

Last edited:

fl4m3y

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
Nice you found a solution for the signal (imei) loose!!!! helped me :) so we are able to restore the phone to Gpe 4.4.4 :D

Great Job!!!

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
Nice you found a solution for the signal (imei) loose!!!! helped me :) so we are able to restore the phone to Gpe 4.4.4 :D

Great Job!!!

yep, thanks to you too, tour cwm was the only thing that could revive my phone, alive with no signal XD

but tell me how you did it?

i used your cwm + latest philz + my 4.4.4 cwm folder and did not work

but using the old philz + cwm zip + commands to restore network = perfect

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
post updated with link to the zip containing 4.4.4 to flash via PUSH in philz recovery 6047

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
Thanks for your efforts, but: "Couldn't open directory /sdcard/

So it finds no zipfile to install.....

did you wipe and format everything as i said?

after that your sd card should be writable and readable

push the a.zip to the sd card and that is all

and you must use the old philz, not other recoveries

Last edited:

cecoicov

Feb 14, 2008
Everything works without wifi, did all in instruction, I do not understand why it does not work.

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
Everything works without wifi, did all in instruction, I do not understand why it does not work.

not really sure

but maybe you have to flash another set of GPE images 4.4.2 from your region, then update

also remember about this part

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot

jfcc58

May 9, 2006
Yes, did everything exactly as you described. Tried 2 times.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
Might be your modules ... Your kernel can wipe them.. Try reflash a kernel... Try a hybrid ;)

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
I'm wanting to go back to stock... I'm stuck using PA and CM .. Has this worked? I need to know if the WiFi and Network has worked...

_Drifter_

Apr 18, 2009
I just try this, and works. My bricked Moto G with no signal is fully working, network and wifi works just fine. Great job :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have a moto g xt1032 16gb global gsm from amazon, converted to gpe 4.4.2, then after updating the OTA 4.4.4 it failed and bricked the phone, i tried everything, many methods, etc, no luck, until this one worked, but with no signal
    http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/howto-fix-stuck-boot-downgrading-t2808098

i had another moto g which updated fine to GPE 4.4.4, then i created nandroid backups of that rom, using that, it allows us to restore our moto g bricked to a fully working GPE 4.4.4, with network and everything else working perfect (at least for me), the answer for all problems was using a custom recovery philz 6047 to format the partitions in the GPE format

i don´t know if this works on other moto g, like i said i have XT1032 16GB GLOBAL GSM FROM AMAZON, and xt1032 from CHILE CLARO

STEPS
    (i hope you know about cmd, fastboot, adb, custom recovery, push, etc, please don´t be so noob guys XD, investigate and read a little, the most important part are drivers for fastboot and for recovery, there should be no problem aside that

1)download and flash this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2747181
    (this might not be needed but i would prefer if you do it because that is exactly what i did)
    this will flash or convert your regular moto g into Gpe 4.4.2, even if it is already bricked

2)download this file and unzip:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/5gaecfmtpja1x6b/unbrick_4.4.4_gpe_xt1032_by_philz_push.7z

2.5)put phone in fastboot mode and plug

3)if you did flash 1) then you should already have philz 6047 on your phone, else flash philz recovery 6047 by your own means, or included on my zip by clicking fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.bat

trust me, you have to use that version of philz, the latest one does not work, i don´t know about other recoveries

4)run recovery and:

mounts and storage:
    format cache
    format data and data media

wipe data:
    clean to install a new rom

5)click on pc:
    adb push a.zip sdcard a.zip
    and wait like 2 minutes, then the window cmd should disappear

you can unplug now

6)on philz go to:

install zip:
    choose zip from sd card

search for a.zip

flash, it should take like 4 minutes

7) reboot and enjoy the google 4 balls of life XD for 2 minutes

8) check if you have signal, i believe, if you flashed 1), then you should have signal, else download images of gpe 4.4.2 for your country or region and cmd this:

fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot reboot

this part about signal might be tricky, remember there are many countries and various moto g models, mine is xt 1032 global gsm from amazon and working perfect in venezuela using retail GPE images

9) i believe that should be all, next time, we better wait for images of android before flashing like crazy lol

Screenshot_2014-07-08-11-47-38.png

PD
    the person who created the partition of gpe, and another different for regular moto g, can go to hell, also for not releasing fastboot images at time
    This method worked for with a slight variation. I couldn't get the 'a.zip' to push or sideload either. For reference I had XT1033 converted to GPE and upgraded to 4.4.4. However, I couldn't get GPS to work after the 4.4.4 update and spent most of today trying to downgrade to 4.4.2 to no avail until I came across the OP.

After step 1 I reflashed the 4.4.2 GPE zip file named 'GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml'. I can't where I downloaded it but it was these forums. Anyway, afterwar flashing the above file I didn't get any radio, i.e., no reception, at all. So following the OP I also flashed the modem and fsg file from this zip file 'RETAIL-GB_4.4.2_KLB20.9-1.10-1.9_cid7_CFC_1FF_v5_SVC.xml'. Again, I downloaded it somewhere from these forums.

Now I have successfully downgraded from crappy 4.4.4 to 4.4.2 and everything is working again. Thanks to OP for the guide. Hope my input helps others who couldn't get theirs to work after following OP.

Cheers
    Hmm. I mean the stock 4.4.4 firmware package for xt1033.
    Even that cant help to back to stock??? :(
    And the Nadroid u mentioned is gpe nadroid, or ur country-firmware nadroid?
    I just want to know, cause i have xt1033 4.4.2 nadroid. Wonder if i can restore it or not.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

right now the big problem is, there are no fastboot images of 444 stock or 444 gpe

so you have to wait

or you can be daredevil like many and brick the phone and try to recover somehow

that is why so many people have bricked phones, for not waiting the fastboot images

well, not really bricked, soft brick that can be easily recover, lol

trust me my moto g have been bricked in every way possible, updating from 4.3 to gpe 4.4.2, ota failed, flashed failed, downgrading, etc, and now i have it alive and perfect running 4.4.4 gpe
    Mine lol, you have a nondroid of 4.4.4 ? What recovery used to backup?

i don't understand what you are talking about

really men????

off course i have nandroid backups of gpe 4.4.4, i posted both cwm nandroid backups

created with the philz of the moment 6.47.7 i believe
    Yes I used method 1 to flash that firmware...it all went well but it wouldnt boot up....it was stuck at google logo....

I just flashed modem things from my stock firmware and again signal and wify dont work....

I was wondering am I now able from this gpe 4.4.4 to flash gpe 4.4.2 firmware that worked before I screwed up my phone ( so basically downgrade from 4.4.4 gpe to 4.4.2 gpe )....or that will mess up the partition thing agan....

And can someone explain to me for what we are now waiting to flash out stock moto g firmware.... image of stock 4.4.4 firmware or???

So many questions .. ;) ... some are maybe stupid... sry for that I am noob at this things ;)

Again maurocds Thank you for this method ...

Worked out a new method... look on QandA