Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 54,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I buy the Asus Zenfone 5 with Android 4.3 or Moto G with Android 4.4?

Tip us?

sidewalk_
Old
Thanks Meter 135
I would go for the moto g, I have the same dilemma with you. And I bought moto g. Moto g has official software support from Motorola, and an active XDA development section. Considering that Zenfone 5 has an Intel processor, the rom on zenfone 5 will be fewer. I've bought a Chinese phone without any good custom roms and that was painful to me.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
Motorola Moto G 16GB
ROM: CrDroid B10
Kernel: Xperience 11
[GUIDE][CM9]How to apply HDPI themes to MDPI

dyulay
Old
Thanks Meter 15
App compatibility issues has been addressed by Asus using OTA updates. There has been a few ota updates since zenfone has been out in the market. I admire Asus for addressing issues quickly. anyways..

Ask yourself if you love playing around with roms and like to experience vanilla android on your device, if the answer is yes then go with Moto G. Don't expect any aosp roms for zenfone 5 anytime soon. But, I'd still get the zenfone 5. It's a matter of personal preference. Even if we advice you with so many things about the pros and cons of both devices, at the end of the day it is still your money. Just follow your heart. LOL.

kandalamv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Moto G undoubtedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radon87000 View Post
his phone ships with Android 4.3 Jellybean and is the same price as Moto G which ships with kitkat but I like the design of this phone better than the Moto G and it has a 5 inch screen vs 4.5 on Moto and Asus has promised a Kitkat update.However I am sure Moto G would get Android L and Asus has made no such announcement for Zenfone.So what I want to know is whether Android L is so dramatically different than Kitkat?Otherwise I will just ignore the design and buy the Moto.Thanks in advance for helping
Find a detailed explanation for your question here techno4use.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/best-budget-smart-phone

yesabhijith
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Asus Zenfone 4.5

Asus has the Zenfone 4.5 or Zenfone 4 A450cg on pre-order from flipkart now. That thing matches moto g in size.
Devices :
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 (intl) [CM11 M9 with Stock kernel]
Sony Xperia Tipo Dual ST21i2 [Rooted, Stock Rom, Stock kernel]

Visit my site : GadgetRAID.com

GadgetRAID.com

sandroj
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Asus has heating problems. And from developer's point of view Moto G is way better .

Ani0o7
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hang on moto g 2 is coming in market on 5th September those who prefer 5 inch screen wait for it otherwise moto g on discounted price is steal to deal and have belief on Motorola because it had Google tag over it

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app