Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,746 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Changed bootanimation. Cant find Motorola Boot Services in Play Store anymore

Tip us?

reeved
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Changed bootanimation. Cant find Motorola Boot Services in Play Store anymore

I have an XT1032 4.4.3.

I tried changing my bootanimation to the Android L one by downloading the flashable zip found here:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/android-l-a...evices-1454562

First off, it was obviously not meant for the screen size of the Moto G as it didn't work properly. So then I tried to change it back to the normal animation by Uninstalling Updates for Motorola Boot Services and hopefully then reinstalling the update from the play store.
Well, I can't find it on the play store when i search for it. I can find it in my apps list in the play store and then after clicking it I updated it. Oddly, it gives me an option to uninstall it. Im not gonna do that.

I downloaded the zip for the original one and replaced the Android L one via root explorer.

How can I find Boot Services in the Play Store again?

knightandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeved View Post
I have an XT1032 4.4.3.

I tried changing my bootanimation to the Android L one by downloading the flashable zip found here:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/android-l-a...evices-1454562

First off, it was obviously not meant for the screen size of the Moto G as it didn't work properly. So then I tried to change it back to the normal animation by Uninstalling Updates for Motorola Boot Services and hopefully then reinstalling the update from the play store.
Well, I can't find it on the play store when i search for it. I can find it in my apps list in the play store and then after clicking it I updated it. Oddly, it gives me an option to uninstall it. Im not gonna do that.

I downloaded the zip for the original one and replaced the Android L one via root explorer.

How can I find Boot Services in the Play Store again?

I can't find it in the play store either, but here is the apk, I pulled it from my Moto G.
Moto G running stock 4.4.2 with Exposed mod.

If I helped, hit thanks

reeved
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks for the apk but as I mentioned, I can't find it when Im searching for it but in my apps list where it shows all the apps that were ever installed on my device, I can see it and then update it from there.

budal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
flashing the stock rom don't solve your problem?

reeved
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by budal View Post
flashing the stock rom don't solve your problem?
I just did that now. I was expecting to see an update for it along with the whole list of google apps that need to get updated when you reset your phone. But the problem still persists.

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
How is this a problem at all??
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

reeved
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy View Post
How is this a problem at all??
It wont pop up as an update. Im not sure if my bootanimation will even change from updates to this app anymore.

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeved View Post
It wont pop up as an update. Im not sure if my bootanimation will even change from updates to this app anymore.
Probably so, but still, not an issue at all.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.