Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Changed bootanimation. Cant find Motorola Boot Services in Play Store anymore

OP reeved

18th July 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

65 posts
I have an XT1032 4.4.3.

I tried changing my bootanimation to the Android L one by downloading the flashable zip found here:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/android-l-a...evices-1454562

First off, it was obviously not meant for the screen size of the Moto G as it didn't work properly. So then I tried to change it back to the normal animation by Uninstalling Updates for Motorola Boot Services and hopefully then reinstalling the update from the play store.
Well, I can't find it on the play store when i search for it. I can find it in my apps list in the play store and then after clicking it I updated it. Oddly, it gives me an option to uninstall it. Im not gonna do that.

I downloaded the zip for the original one and replaced the Android L one via root explorer.

How can I find Boot Services in the Play Store again?

19th July 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 56

76 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeved

I have an XT1032 4.4.3.

I tried changing my bootanimation to the Android L one by downloading the flashable zip found here:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/android-l-a...evices-1454562

First off, it was obviously not meant for the screen size of the Moto G as it didn't work properly. So then I tried to change it back to the normal animation by Uninstalling Updates for Motorola Boot Services and hopefully then reinstalling the update from the play store.
Well, I can't find it on the play store when i search for it. I can find it in my apps list in the play store and then after clicking it I updated it. Oddly, it gives me an option to uninstall it. Im not gonna do that.

I downloaded the zip for the original one and replaced the Android L one via root explorer.

How can I find Boot Services in the Play Store again?

I can't find it in the play store either, but here is the apk, I pulled it from my Moto G.
19th July 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

65 posts
Thanks for the apk but as I mentioned, I can't find it when Im searching for it but in my apps list where it shows all the apps that were ever installed on my device, I can see it and then update it from there.
19th July 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
flashing the stock rom don't solve your problem?
13th August 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by budal

flashing the stock rom don't solve your problem?

I just did that now. I was expecting to see an update for it along with the whole list of google apps that need to get updated when you reset your phone. But the problem still persists.
13th August 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #6  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 74

312 posts
Donate to Me
More
How is this a problem at all??
14th August 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy

How is this a problem at all??

It wont pop up as an update. Im not sure if my bootanimation will even change from updates to this app anymore.
14th August 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #8  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 74

312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeved

It wont pop up as an update. Im not sure if my bootanimation will even change from updates to this app anymore.

Probably so, but still, not an issue at all.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread