Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Charger, pls recmmend

OP kiko321

20th August 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
Im searching for a 1.5a charger. Can you recommend a charger from another phone? I find it really hard to find one when ever i was asked what phone i have and when i said moto g, they just said no. Most of the time i see 2.0 or 2.1a i know moto g still support that but i read that it heats the phone. Thats why im searching for the max amp that moto suppprts. Pls reply from what phone do you use, like brand and phone model. Pls only 1.5a. Thanks.
20th August 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 74

312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko321

Im searching for a 1.5a charger. Can you recommend a charger from another phone? I find it really hard to find one when ever i was asked what phone i have and when i said moto g, they just said no. Most of the time i see 2.0 or 2.1a i know moto g still support that but i read that it heats the phone. Thats why im searching for the max amp that moto suppprts. Pls reply from what phone do you use, like brand and phone model. Pls only 1.5a. Thanks.

Just buy one of those 2amp chargers you've seen.Your phone has built-in circuitry that will limit the current to 1.5A anyway.In other words, your phone won't heat up more than, if you're using 1.5A charger.
20th August 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

34 posts
Actually there are some reports that uses 2.0a+ charger that heats up their phone.
20th August 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag Burjassot (Valencia)
Thanks Meter: 16

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy

Just buy one of those 2amp chargers you've seen.Your phone has built-in circuitry that will limit the current to 1.5A anyway.In other words, your phone won't heat up more than, if you're using 1.5A charger.

I second that. I'm using a 2.1 A charger and the phone is not heting up during during the charge.
23rd August 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko321

Im searching for a 1.5a charger. Can you recommend a charger from another phone?

I found this one (it is not 1.5, but 1.2):

Nokia AC-10E
Input: 100-240V, 50-60Hz
Output: 5.0V, 1200mA

For my Moto G sometimes I use my mother's phone charger and it charges quite fast my phone. It is an HTC charger:

HTC TC E250
Input: 100-240V/200 mA
Output: 5V, 1A
The Following User Says Thank You to Giugo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

34 posts
Thanks giugo.
24th August 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 18

47 posts
More
i use my old nokia E52's charger...output is 1200mA (1.2 A)..charge fast and haven't faced any issue yet

you may go and grab one of nokia's charger in my opinion
24th August 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13

96 posts
More
S3 stock charger 1 amp and s4 stock charger 2 amp .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread