[SOLVED] [CM11] [XT1032] Stuck at boot splash logo

Search This thread

ThisIsMadness

Aug 23, 2014
Hello,

I have a Motorola Moto G XT1032 on which I have successfully unlocked the bootloader. I can access to recovery (CWM 6.0.4.7) and transfer files using adb in this mod. However, CWM does not get past the splash logo (I do get the occasionnal lag when CWM rebuilds the cache, but this is another minor issue). I have tried the following ROMs, installed each after formatting /system, /data and /cache:

• cm-11-20140308-SNAPSHOT-M4-falcon.zip
  • cm-11-20140405-SNAPSHOT-M5-falcon.zip
  • cm-11-20140504-SNAPSHOT-M6-falcon.zip
  • cm-11-20140613-NIGHTLY-falcon.zip
  • cm-11-20140730-NIGHTLY-falcon.zip
  • cm-11-20140823-NIGHTLY-falcon.zip

None worked. I did checked the md5 checksums. I have also tried installing GApps using gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip .

I do not know how to get more information on what happens when CM11 stucks during the boot. 'Show log' from recovery only prints some configuration information as well as:

Code:
I: Checking for extendedcommand...
I: Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

From what I undersood, extendedcommand is an optional executable used to launch stuff at boot.

I found some ideas from another thread and tried locking/unlocking oem:

Code:
$ fastboot oem lock begin
(bootloader) Ready to flash signed images

OKAY [  0.057s]
finished. total time: 0.057s
$ fastboot oem lock      
(bootloader) sst lock failure!
OKAY [  0.037s]
finished. total time: 0.037s
$ fastboot oem unlock 
(bootloader) Device already unlocked!
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.008s

Additionnally I also reinstalled recovery:

Code:
$ fastboot erase recovery
$ fastboot flash recovery CWM-swipe-6.0.4.7-falcon.img

I did have a message "Mismatched partition size (recovery)" but CWM starts fine. I then reinstalled CM11 again, but it did not help either.

Would you have further instruction to try and get CM11 to work?

Last edited:

juliospinoza

Jan 9, 2012
Tepic
Same happened to me days ago. I was unable to install any custom ROM. I was in Enhdroix and I flashed the original version of my ROM via fast boot but every time I tried to install a custom was stocked and bootlogo. Some how I figured that the boot loader of the original version was corrupted so I flashed a different stock ROM, after that was able to install custom.
The recovery message is normal you can check videos or post.
Hope this helps my friend.

Reactions: ThisIsMadness

pfufle

Aug 22, 2013
To prevent any further problems, I also recommend that you flash twrp or philz recovery because the stock cwm recovery is outdated and it will give you problems while flashing ROMs in the future...

---------------------------------------------------------
Hit the thanks button if I helped you 8)

Reactions: ThisIsMadness

ThisIsMadness

Aug 23, 2014
Thanks for your help, I finally got it to work!

If someone gets stuck with the same problem, here is what I did:
  • first, fastboot flash recovery to TWRP
  • reinstalling (wipe and so) CM11 from TWRP did not work any better
  • I reinstalled a stock ROM following http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219
  • I did not boot at all (no logo), but I could still get to fastboot
  • I reinstalled TWRP, and then CM11
  • it worked!

From my own diagnosis, I must have accidentely corrupted a partition with fastboot flash. Or maybe I wiped something that I should not have. Anyway, by reinstalling stock, I restored all the partitions and could install CM11. I do not think CWM is to blame here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same happened to me days ago. I was unable to install any custom ROM. I was in Enhdroix and I flashed the original version of my ROM via fast boot but every time I tried to install a custom was stocked and bootlogo. Some how I figured that the boot loader of the original version was corrupted so I flashed a different stock ROM, after that was able to install custom.
    The recovery message is normal you can check videos or post.
    Hope this helps my friend.
    To prevent any further problems, I also recommend that you flash twrp or philz recovery because the stock cwm recovery is outdated and it will give you problems while flashing ROMs in the future...

Hit the thanks button if I helped you 8)
    Just a short post to avoid the thread from being buried down into oblivion.

Check previous answers