com.qualcomm.atfwd service: bloatware?

Search This thread

zack.1988

Feb 3, 2014
Does anybody know what is the com.qualcomm.atfwd service for? Can be safely killed/removed? Or does it help processor, battery & stuff management and must be kept?

Nobody seems to know it :/

Thank you in advance

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
I've had it Greenified for about a month, and I've noticed nothing going wrong. Everything is perfectly fine.
Even I tried Googling around about that service but found nothing :(

An explanation would be really awesome :)

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: xenas and zack.1988

selmane24

Mar 25, 2014
Does anybody know what is the com.qualcomm.atfwd service for? Can be safely killed/removed? Or does it help processor, battery & stuff management and must be kept?

Thank you in advance

HI
i dont know what is the service but you can
go to setting-Apps-All-com.qualcom.atfwd....stop it
if you see a problem with your phone just restart and this service run again

UsernameWasTaken

Jul 29, 2013
Belgrade
com.qualcomm.atfwd service (atfwd.apk) is Qualcomm's WiFi display. It allows you to mirror your devices display on a TV.
Does it have anything to do with current-screen-content sharing over NFC (Andriod Beam) and such?

is there anything else can go with this? (any related apps/service)

Wfd SDK Service
Wfd Service
Wireless Display
Wireless Display Service
Wireless Display Widget

Are those related?
Wfd are Wifi Direct services, I recommend you dont freeze/remove them, they can be usefull in more common communication cases.
Wireless Display probably has something to do with miracast or similar, but I'm not sure.

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
So it means that i don't need any external software to cast my screen...???
Yes. Moto G supports Wireless Screen Mirroring with a simple build.prop edit. Motorola Stock is limited however in that it can only Mirror phone without WiFi Internet connection. GPE ROMs however can Wirelessly Screen Mirror and maintain WiFi Internet connection.

See Moto G FAQ for more info.

BeautiRevenge

Oct 29, 2015
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1exus
so if i dont use miracast, is it safe to stop/disable/freeze?

Yup.

Sent from my Scorpion Mini

Thanks for posting this because I accidentally clicked wrong and have been searching for a while to try to figure out how screwed I am lol &i don't have miracast so I'm not as worried about it as I was just after I did it or after I started searching for what it was and started worrying because i wasn't getting much more than a bunch of lists I really REALLY really REALLY didn't feel like reading lol...[I'm on my itouch because I did it on my phone and until i knew what it was I didn't want to touch my phone again and for some reason my itouch doesn't have a 'find on page' option to type "com.qualcomm.atfwd" into to avoid reading every last word looking for "a needle in a haystack" ..which is exactly what I would have wound up doing if you didn't write this &get an answer & even though none of you have anything to do with it being a really good answer for me I appreciate it as if you did lol :D

Rierie1

Jul 9, 2018
I am not a tech advanced person. Not a programmer. Could someone talk me through removing this and other bloatware carp from my phone. Also I have a ton of storage that has accumulated over past week that I didn't ask or accept. Please help. Just an ordinary gal on my LG stylo3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    com.qualcomm.atfwd service (atfwd.apk) is Qualcomm's WiFi display. It allows you to mirror your devices display on a TV.
    The apk can be deleted. WiFi display is only half functional on Stock anyway - WiFi connection gets disabled. I've included this file in the NoMoto Script and there have been no issues with it's removal.
    So it means that i don't need any external software to cast my screen...???
    Yes. Moto G supports Wireless Screen Mirroring with a simple build.prop edit. Motorola Stock is limited however in that it can only Mirror phone without WiFi Internet connection. GPE ROMs however can Wirelessly Screen Mirror and maintain WiFi Internet connection.

See Moto G FAQ for more info.

Thank you in advance
    I've had it Greenified for about a month, and I've noticed nothing going wrong. Everything is perfectly fine.
    Even I tried Googling around about that service but found nothing :(

An explanation would be really awesome :)

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app