Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 52,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does Cyanogenmod run well on Moto G?

Tip us?

DigitalBroccoli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Does Cyanogenmod run well on Moto G?

Hi, I need a phone that's capable of running Cyanogenmod, and I'm considering buying the Moto G because it is relatively cheap and powerful. I just need the opinion of someone who already has this phone, would you recommend the Moto G to someone who wants to run CM and why/why not?

Is the last M snapshot usable (not having any serious bugs that are dealbreakers), in other words, is this phone a viable option for someone who want a cheap phone with CM, or should I stay away from it?

rudi_j7
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalBroccoli View Post
Hi, I need a phone that's capable of running Cyanogenmod, and I'm considering buying the Moto G because it is relatively cheap and powerful. I just need the opinion of someone who already has this phone, would you recommend the Moto G to someone who wants to run CM and why/why not?

Is the last M snapshot usable (not having any serious bugs that are dealbreakers), in other words, is this phone a viable option for someone who want a cheap phone with CM, or should I stay away from it?
Well, the latest unofficial CM11 M9 on the thread in the general section works pretty amazing for me. The support is also improving. So I would go for it.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

avrtlg
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalBroccoli View Post

What I have to talk about the "CyanogenMod 11" in "Moto G" (Dual SIM) is that it is running well. Use the "The Green Machine" kernel 1.2.5 because the latest (2.0.1) is closing the camera app.

Has some bugs .. at first were not important but are currently driving me mad ..

BUG: In WhatsApp when I get a great audio, it crashes while running the audio and closes the app.

BUG: In Multi-SIM settings, selecting data for the second chip it shows an error signature.

BUG: Audio delay in music player. It has been corrected with a fix audio.

For now these are what I found. I'm still constantly using and testing various functions and applications.

It is good for design and options it contains. However, sometimes, the little bugs make me mad.

I had no crashes system for now.

I did not test good games yet.

Sorry for the english .. Translated by GoogleTradutor.

JoeMama1290
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrtlg View Post
BUG: Audio delay in music player. It has been corrected with a fix audio.
Can I ask what this bug was doing? I'm wondering if it's the same problem I'm having. I'd try to change the volume and the app would freeze up and eventually stop responding. Can't figure out for the life of me how to fix it.

rudi_j7
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Enabling Bass boost in DSP manager fixes it. You can also flash the old audio libs. The flashable zip is available in one of the threads.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app