Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[DISCUSSION] Xposed framework on stock vs Custom ROM for Moto G

OP zyberkiddy

24th June 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 31

229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takenover83

I guess it comes down to what you consider bloat. I consider all that Moto crap bloat, and there is quiet a bit of moto crap. Even worst it get's updated and takes of space in system and user. And I am not going to argue custom rom features, that do not exist in stock.

I consider those bloat too, but there's not that much of it. Sure you could find 10-15 apps in Settings/Apps/All that wouldn't be there on a Nexus, but if you disable Motorola Assist, Motorola Migrate you're mostly done. There are more Motorola "apps" besides these, but you won't notice any more of them.
If you really need space you can delete them in under 5 minutes, so yeah, I agree that there's some bloat, but it's not that much that you'll need to flash a custom rom. Obviously if you want to flash a custom rom because of some extra features then the lack of bloat is a plus.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread