Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

[Q] Downgrading from 4.4.4 GPE to 4.3 Motorola...

OP Zerelth

7th August 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #11  
Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 11
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerelth

K finally got back to 4.4.3 Stock, but still cannot make it to 4.3 (version downgraded for boot, partition and motoboot)

Take a look there

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54635169

when you are on 4.4.2 u can try to go more in 4.3, should work, try with BR firmware if u got XT1032, or other region wich have 4.4.4 from whre u are starting to downgrade. then when you are in 4.3 just flash via fastboot other 4.3 region wich u want.
cheers
9th August 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #12  
Zerelth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerro4cool

Take a look there

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54635169

when you are on 4.4.2 u can try to go more in 4.3, should work, try with BR firmware if u got XT1032, or other region wich have 4.4.4 from whre u are starting to downgrade. then when you are in 4.3 just flash via fastboot other 4.3 region wich u want.
cheers

Thanks for your reply but it'll only works with 4.4.2, there's no way of downgrading it further to 4.3...
EDIT: I recall reverting from 4.4.2 to 4.3 a long time ago, which I forgot to flash the motoboot.img, which then caused a bootlogo loop (not boot animation loop). Is it the case here that motoboot.img can't be downgraded anymore?
Last edited by Zerelth; 9th August 2014 at 04:43 AM.
11th August 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #13  
Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 11
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerelth

Thanks for your reply but it'll only works with 4.4.2, there's no way of downgrading it further to 4.3...
EDIT: I recall reverting from 4.4.2 to 4.3 a long time ago, which I forgot to flash the motoboot.img, which then caused a bootlogo loop (not boot animation loop). Is it the case here that motoboot.img can't be downgraded anymore?

i was on same bootloader loop,i bricked my phone wich same,i started to downgrade without searching a bit.i didnt known will cause a brick. in that post i explained how i succesfully downgraded from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2. When u are on 4.4.2 then it should work to downgrade one more to 4.3. for me it worked to downgrade till 4.4.2 , more i dont continued cuz i wanted just to go on 4.4.2 to convert in GPE again, but should work.
11th August 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #14  
Zerelth's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerro4cool

i was on same bootloader loop,i bricked my phone wich same,i started to downgrade without searching a bit.i didnt known will cause a brick. in that post i explained how i succesfully downgraded from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2. When u are on 4.4.2 then it should work to downgrade one more to 4.3. for me it worked to downgrade till 4.4.2 , more i dont continued cuz i wanted just to go on 4.4.2 to convert in GPE again, but should work.

Yeah it worked like you said, but only for downgrading to 4.4.2, not 4.3. 4.3 rom required a different bootloader (i think) so with the upgraded bootloader which comes along with 4.4.3 and 4.4.4, it won't work anymore since the bootloader can no longer be downgraded.
11th August 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,066
 
1,547 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
There is a serious bug that Motorola have patched in 4.4.3 / 4.4.4. Not only is it very dangerous to mess around with downgrading / updating bootloader, but if you start experiencing the sudden battery drop issue you will regret ever having tried.
11th August 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
From my experience of updating and downgrading.

Once you update from 4.4.2 to higher version number you can no longer downgrade to 4.3. The lowest you can downgrade back to is 4.4.2 from 4.4.4. Also relocking bootloader doesn't seem to work while downgrading only works when re flashing the same stock firmware.
8th September 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #17  
derekokelly's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:

Once you update from 4.4.2 to higher version number you can no longer downgrade to 4.3. The lowest you can downgrade back to is 4.4.2 from 4.4.4

What if you went from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2, then from 4.4.2 to 4.3? Will that work? I am desperately trying to get back to Jelly Bean as I hate KitKat, but I am unable to as I went to 4.4.4 Stock Rom (XT1032, Retail GB firmware version).
28th September 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #18  
GI0\/\NNI's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Heerde, Gelderland, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 48
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Can you explain me how you did that?
28th September 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,066
 
1,547 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Once Bootloader has been updated by flashing 4.4.2 or newer, there is no going back. Even with a nandroid backup, I suspect there is a check in the 4.3 kernel regarding Bootloader version and it won't progress. There was only ever one custom kernel for 4.3 made by @faux123, but I cannot locate it since he removed the download.
Last edited by lost101; 28th September 2014 at 05:37 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank