CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

XDA’s Top 5 Stories and Videos for 2014 – XDA TV

Yesterday we talked about our favorite Xposed Mods from 2014 on XDA Xposed … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] facing probs while flashing stock rom on my moto g

OP ashinde1001

1st July 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
hey guys i have posted before but again posting this..
i was tring to flash cr droid custom rom on my moto g..i had rooted my phone and had cwm flashed but i could never go to cwm by physical keys..i usedrom manageer to go to cwm and flash cr droid from there..!! since yesterday i am stuck in bootlopps..!! now i am trying toflash stock firmware on my moto g..! i have downloaded all the files but still i am having trouble..i followed this link-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

i can not do step second..how to do that? please will somone give me steps to do so?? also when i open mfastboot..the window just pops in and goes away? what cpuld be the problem?? pls guys help me...!! pls pls
1st July 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag A-town
Thanks Meter: 4

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashinde1001

i was tring to flash cr droid custom rom on my moto g..i had rooted my phone and had cwm flashed but i could never go to cwm by physical keys..i usedrom manageer to go to cwm and flash cr droid from there..!! since yesterday i am stuck in bootlopps..!! now i am trying toflash stock firmware on my moto g..! i have downloaded all the files but still i am having trouble..i followed this link-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

i can not do step second..how to do that? please will somone give me steps to do so?? also when i open mfastboot..the window just pops in and goes away? what cpuld be the problem?? pls guys help me...!! pls pls

1. Hold volume down and the power button to shut your phone off completely.

2. Turn it back on by holding volume down and the power button for 3 seconds and then releasing.

3. Select recovery from your bootloader, following the directions on the screen to make your pick.

4. Make sure you factory reset your phone.

5. Reflash your ROM.
1st July 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Unhappy thats not what i am asking..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoseIlla

1. Hold volume down and the power button to shut your phone off completely.

2. Turn it back on by holding volume down and the power button for 3 seconds and then releasing.

3. Select recovery from your bootloader, following the directions on the screen to make your pick.

4. Make sure you factory reset your phone.

5. Reflash your ROM.

actually i am trying to flash stock firmware on my phone..an i am stuck in the second step in that thread..i am asking for that only..!!
1st July 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 16

64 posts
More
Quote:

You need to open a terminal window, a command prompt or however you'd like to call it. I suppose from your last sentence that you're trying to double-click mfastboot, it doesn't work that way, you type the commands from the post you referenced in the terminal window, mfastboot will not open a window when it is executed.

To open a 'terminal window / command prompt' on windows, open start menu and in the search field on the bottom left type cmd and press enter.
1st July 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag A-town

63 posts
More
Quote:

actually i am trying to flash stock firmware on my phone..an i am stuck in the second step in that thread..i am asking for that only..!!

Just do what I said up until the parts you don't need.
2nd July 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
actually i cant even go to custom recovery mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoseIlla

Just do what I said up until the parts you don't need.

i can go to stock recovery but i cant go to custom recovery mode..!! its been 2 days since my phone is stuck in bootloops..!!
2nd July 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
it says path not specified or cannot find
Quote:
Originally Posted by alresave

You need to open a terminal window, a command prompt or however you'd like to call it. I suppose from your last sentence that you're trying to double-click mfastboot, it doesn't work that way, you type the commands from the post you referenced in the terminal window, mfastboot will not open a window when it is executed.

To open a 'terminal window / command prompt' on windows, open start menu and in the search field on the bottom left type cmd and press enter.

in that link which i am reffering to...in second step it says to open cmd and type the path of the rom..i tried to do so..but it says path not specified..!! sorry i dont have knowledge about cmd and so..!! when you said to open mfastboot using cmd..did you mean to change to path? i mean path should be mfastboot right? daMN its so hard for me..!!you guys are so friendly..thanks a ton guys..please help..thank you
2nd July 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 38

145 posts
More
Sorry but knowing how to use a command-line interface and such is basic computer knowledge and a prerequisite for flashing. You'll have to learn. Find a tutorial, it's not that difficult.
2nd July 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 74

312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry to say that, but if you lack even basic knowledge of command line usage, then you shouldn't even try messing up with ROMs/recoveries/kernels and so on which are farm more complicated stuff.Yes ppl have to learn and best is by trial and error, but if you can't afford to lose or brick the phone, then you should't try either :>
3rd July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #10  
Flag A-town

63 posts
More
Quote:

i can go to stock recovery but i cant go to custom recovery mode..!! its been 2 days since my phone is stuck in bootloops..!!

Listen, you can't possibly have both stock and custom recoveries installed. If you haven't learned to differentiate between stock/custom recoveries and/or the bootloader during the flashing and rooting process and you can't figure out how to run terminal/cmd commands then you need to find someone MUCH more knowledgeable than you are to help you with your phone.

There's almost no way anyone here can communicate a simple explanation of how to fix your phone without holding your hand throughout the whole process.

May I ask how you found out about this site/flashing your phone and why you were trying to go back to stock to begin with?
Last edited by MoseIlla; 3rd July 2014 at 05:41 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread