Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Fastboot falcon s driver did not install.

OP YungMono

11th July 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
I'm trying to revert back to stock firmware but unfortunately for me, my Moto G XT1034 is bricked (it would go in a boot loop). Since it's bricked, i began searching for tutorials on how to unbrick the device and it would also fail whenever i'm installing stock firmware. When installing through adb and fastboot, it always fail when the first 4 commands are typed; mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin, mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img, mfastboot flash logo logo.bin, and mfastboot flash boot boot.img. Also when i type "adb devices" into the command promt, it doesn't display my device's serial number under "List of devices attached". Yes i installed Motorola Device Manager and Android SDK. The bootloader is also unlocked. I was coming from the ParanoidAndroid rom. I'm thinking the issue maybe that the fastboot falcon s driver is not installed, but whenever i try to install it by plugging it in into my computer, it would not install. :/ Please help.
11th July 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 118

398 posts
uninstall moto drivers restart pc, install, restart pc, connect phone in fastboot and have internet on the pc
11th July 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurocds

uninstall moto drivers restart pc, install, restart pc, connect phone in fastboot and have internet on the pc

Followed instructions. "Fastboot falcon S X No driver found"
7th October 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #4  

2 posts
Having same issue with drivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMono

Followed instructions. "Fastboot falcon S X No driver found"

I am having the same issue, the only difference being my Moto G labeled as Fastboot peregrine S (I guess it's different for the 4G LTE version?). I have attempted to reinstall drivers numerous times to no avail. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbee1

I am having the same issue, the only difference being my Moto G labeled as Fastboot peregrine S (I guess it's different for the 4G LTE version?). I have attempted to reinstall drivers numerous times to no avail. Any suggestions?

Let me give some more details, I have the Moto G XT1045.

I had no issues unlocking and was attempting to flash CM 11. However when after rebooting it brought me back to fastboot, It is clear the installation went wrong. I figured I could just try again and that's when I started having issues with the Moto G being recognized and driver issues. I uninstalled Motorola Device Manager several times, as well as the drivers in the device manager. I also reinstalled sdk tools. I have done all this in all orders possible, yet no success.

At first the device would show as a motorola adb device however I was not able to access it using sdk platform tools. I could perform the reboot command as well as the "fastboot getvar all," so that combined with my device showing in the device manager meant my pc was recognizing it in some capacity. However any attempt to list the device in "adb devices" or "fastboot devices", it would not show. Also other commands attempting to load TWRPS or CWM recovery would result in device not found or remote failure.

So it seemed clear this was all a driver issue, however the reinstall attempts have done nothing. At this point the phone shows up as "Fastboot peregrine s" not even as a motorola device. Every time I attempt to reconnect the phone the drivers do not install. I am not sure how to link them manually? when I browse to the System32 folder or system32/drivers folder, the drivers are not found.

The sdk tools worked fine until I rebooted after the blotched install and now I cant get my PC to properly recognize my device.

Please any help would be great, I've searched rather thoroughly and can't find any answers specific to my issue until I saw this post that was never resolved.

If I am not being clear about something or using incorrect language let me know. Or if I need to clarify any more details.
8th October 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbee1

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Let me give some more details, I have the Moto G XT1045.

I had no issues unlocking and was attempting to flash CM 11. However when after rebooting it brought me back to fastboot, It is clear the installation went wrong. I figured I could just try again and that's when I started having issues with the Moto G being recognized and driver issues. I uninstalled Motorola Device Manager several times, as well as the drivers in the device manager. I also reinstalled sdk tools. I have done all this in all orders possible, yet no success.

At first the device would show as a motorola adb device however I was not able to access it using sdk platform tools. I could perform the reboot command as well as the "fastboot getvar all," so that combined with my device showing in the device manager meant my pc was recognizing it in some capacity. However any attempt to list the device in "adb devices" or "fastboot devices", it would not show. Also other commands attempting to load TWRPS or CWM recovery would result in device not found or remote failure.

So it seemed clear this was all a driver issue, however the reinstall attempts have done nothing. At this point the phone shows up as "Fastboot peregrine s" not even as a motorola device. Every time I attempt to reconnect the phone the drivers do not install. I am not sure how to link them manually? when I browse to the System32 folder or system32/drivers folder, the drivers are not found.

The sdk tools worked fine until I rebooted after the blotched install and now I cant get my PC to properly recognize my device.

Please any help would be great, I've searched rather thoroughly and can't find any answers specific to my issue until I saw this post that was never resolved.

If I am not being clear about something or using incorrect language let me know. Or if I need to clarify any more details.

I think i know why i can't revert back to stock firmware. I believe i forgot to enable USB debugging before attempting to revert back to stock firmware, but i can't enable USB debugging because the OS is probably corrupted :/
Last edited by YungMono; 8th October 2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Needed to elaborate more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread