Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Files are "hidden"

Tip us?

MufcTK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Question Files are "hidden"

So i recently got my Moto G (the dual sim Indian variant with 16 GB) and I installed a few games which required the obb data like FIFA 14 and Asphalt 8 and they were working perfectly fine till yesterday. Today when i tried to open these games it said that I needed to download those obb files again!!
When i checked in the Android/obb folder there was nothing! Thankfully i had a backup of the obb files so i proceeded to uninstall and re install the games. Now before uninstalling the games i had about 4.5 GB space left. Now these 2 games combined take about 2.5-3 GB space so after uninstalling it should have had about 6-7.5 GB free space but i just ended up with about 5GB left.
Now what can i do? My hypothesis is that for some reason the files either got removed from their current location or the files have become "hidden".
Any sort of help will be appreciated! thanks
Ps: I haven't rooted the device or unlocked the bootloader yet.

KDB223
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Similar stuff happened to me.
Before unlocking the bootloader, I backed up the entire internal storage to my PC.
The phone said it was a total of 11 GB but my computer said the contents of the copied stuff is only of 10 GB. :/

-sent from my little moto beast

HIT THE BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP !

Device : [Rooted] Motorola Moto G (XTI033) Sony Xperia E C1504
ROM : Stock 4.4.4
Firmware : 21.12.40.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03
Kernel : Hybrid Kernel v012m (by @faux123)
Recovery : TWRP v2.7.1.1 (official)
Bootloader Status : UNLOCKED

========== LAG IS THE ENEMY ==========