[Q] flashing roms back and forth?

OP deanspeed

8th August 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Panama City
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
More
Ok, so I've been doing a lot of reading, and would like some confirmation for if I understand this part correctly, I had a hard time finding anything on flashing rules for the moto g.

In general you can flash any rom stock or custom back and forth as long as you stay within the same version number or you can update, but no downgrading, am I right? So if I have a boost moto g with stock 4.4.2 and I flash to Verizon stock 4.4.2(for pageplus) or CM11(for custom rom) I can then turnaround and flash boost stock 4.4.2 and everything will be fine? as long as I don't upgrade to 4.4.4 in which case I would be fine as long as I stay within 4.4.4 roms?

Please let me know if I understand this correctly, and if I missed any small but important details that have to do with rom flashing.
8th October 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 8

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanspeed

Ok, so I've been doing a lot of reading, and would like some confirmation for if I understand this part correctly, I had a hard time finding anything on flashing rules for the moto g.

In general you can flash any rom stock or custom back and forth as long as you stay within the same version number or you can update, but no downgrading, am I right? So if I have a boost moto g with stock 4.4.2 and I flash to Verizon stock 4.4.2(for pageplus) or CM11(for custom rom) I can then turnaround and flash boost stock 4.4.2 and everything will be fine? as long as I don't upgrade to 4.4.4 in which case I would be fine as long as I stay within 4.4.4 roms?

Please let me know if I understand this correctly, and if I missed any small but important details that have to do with rom flashing.

yep you got it correctly..
The Following User Says Thank You to theonecallednick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Panama City
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonecallednick

yep you got it correctly..

It's about time someone answered. Thank you so much for your response
8th October 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 8

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanspeed

It's about time someone answered. Thank you so much for your response

no problem bro, happy to help
9th October 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bari
Thanks Meter: 30

222 posts
More
Actually you can't downgrade from 4.4.x to 4.3 because the bootloader is different and if you try you'll brick your device but you can flash any rom back and forth if is based on 4.4.x because the minor release are just small bugfix to the system. So actually what said theonecallednick it's not totally true.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boost mobile, moto g, pageplus, rom flashing
Previous Thread Next Thread