Ask a question

No registration required

Freeze/Frame drops in games on any 4.4.4 Rom

OP NikosPL

13th July 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi! I'm a new member of this forum, but i follow moto g section untill 2013.

Lastly i decided that i wanna update my moto g (xt 1032) to 4.4.4 variant, at the begining everything was alright, but when i install a few games and try to play it i have a system freeze for a few seconds. Then everything works fine but for a moment cuz I had again a freeze or frame drop. This scene last over and over again. The whole system works good and smooth. The problem only occurs when I wanna play a game. It doesn't matter which kind of game i wanna play (Asphalt 8, Benji Bananas, Follow the line etc.). In every game i have the same issue. I tried other 4.4.4 Roms (PA (Nightlies/Finaly), CM11 (Nightlies/Stable), PAC, Endorhix), kernels, configs, trying art and dalvik but without a result.

The funny thing is that i restore my moto g to 4.4.2 version and the problem simply vanished, also at lego rom 4.4.3 everything works fine.

So it seems that when i install 4.4.4 i have to do something wrong... I always wipe data, cache, dalvik and system via TWRP 2.7.10 recovery, every time install rom and if it is needed PA GApps.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... Please help me! Currently I'm on CM 11 nightly and xperience 07 kernel where problem occurs too.
8th October 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 8

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosPL

Hi! I'm a new member of this forum, but i follow moto g section untill 2013.

Lastly i decided that i wanna update my moto g (xt 1032) to 4.4.4 variant, at the begining everything was alright, but when i install a few games and try to play it i have a system freeze for a few seconds. Then everything works fine but for a moment cuz I had again a freeze or frame drop. This scene last over and over again. The whole system works good and smooth. The problem only occurs when I wanna play a game. It doesn't matter which kind of game i wanna play (Asphalt 8, Benji Bananas, Follow the line etc.). In every game i have the same issue. I tried other 4.4.4 Roms (PA (Nightlies/Finaly), CM11 (Nightlies/Stable), PAC, Endorhix), kernels, configs, trying art and dalvik but without a result.

The funny thing is that i restore my moto g to 4.4.2 version and the problem simply vanished, also at lego rom 4.4.3 everything works fine.

So it seems that when i install 4.4.4 i have to do something wrong... I always wipe data, cache, dalvik and system via TWRP 2.7.10 recovery, every time install rom and if it is needed PA GApps.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... Please help me! Currently I'm on CM 11 nightly and xperience 07 kernel where problem occurs too.

try enabling force 4x MSAA in developer options..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread