[Q] Possible fried eMMC, need help!

OP Alexejeri

3rd August 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hi, I'm having an issue with my Moto G, and I suspect it's related to a fried eMMC chip, however I'm not completely sure since there's a backstory to this. At the beginning of July, I happened to be hanging around the swimming pool with my phone in my pocket, when a little kids football came towards me and I decided to kick it back. Because of how I kicked it, and the fact that my pocket let the phone freely move around, it fell on the swimming pool border (which broke the screen), and then proceeded to fall in the water. I immediately took it to my house, and since I didn't have the designated screw to open it up, I simply let it lay in a plastic container full of rice for 3 days. On the third day, it finally came on, but minutes later died completely, due to an error the Moto G has concerning it's battery discharging completely. One month later, I was finally able to boot it up after trying various methods of making it charge. It got stuck on the boot animation for the CARBON OS (my device is the single sim version and is rooted).
I finally decided to wipe it completely, and so I proceeded to format/ system, wipe dalvik cache, and when I tried to factory reset it, or wipe it;s cache I get:
E: cant open /cache/recovery/last_log
E: cant open /cache/recovery/last_install
So after thinking it through briefly, I narrowed down the possibilities to two options:
1) The /cache partition is corrupted.
2) The eMMC chip is dead.

So after all that post (thanks if you read it entirely), how do I know if my eMMC is dead, and in the case the problem is option 1, how can I fix it?
3rd August 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

77 posts
If you formatted the /system partition then you have wiped the rom off the phone hence why it will not boot

There is a thread knocking around either in Q&A or general section. Look for it and flash a full stock firmware through fastboot.

Report back with the outcome.

Good luck

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
3rd August 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 74

312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexejeri

Hi, I'm having an issue with my Moto G, and I suspect it's related to a fried eMMC chip, however I'm not completely sure since there's a backstory to this. At the beginning of July, I happened to be hanging around the swimming pool with my phone in my pocket, when a little kids football came towards me and I decided to kick it back. Because of how I kicked it, and the fact that my pocket let the phone freely move around, it fell on the swimming pool border (which broke the screen), and then proceeded to fall in the water. I immediately took it to my house, and since I didn't have the designated screw to open it up, I simply let it lay in a plastic container full of rice for 3 days. On the third day, it finally came on, but minutes later died completely, due to an error the Moto G has concerning it's battery discharging completely. One month later, I was finally able to boot it up after trying various methods of making it charge. It got stuck on the boot animation for the CARBON OS (my device is the single sim version and is rooted).
I finally decided to wipe it completely, and so I proceeded to format/ system, wipe dalvik cache, and when I tried to factory reset it, or wipe it;s cache I get:
So after thinking it through briefly, I narrowed down the possibilities to two options:
1) The /cache partition is corrupted.
2) The eMMC chip is dead.

So after all that post (thanks if you read it entirely), how do I know if my eMMC is dead, and in the case the problem is option 1, how can I fix it?

Have you even seen dead emmc?What on earth makes you think it will be accessible if it's dead?

You've probably have got some other issue, try flashing stock image and don't skip wiping userdata.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread