Ask a question

No registration required

Phone [Q] Moto G (XT1031) cannot make/receive calls or text after flashing

OP greenlantern2014

1st September 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
I am a noob here. I am experiencing two main issues with a Boost Moto G (XT1031) that I am trying to flash to PP. It came with KK version 4.4.2. After I unlocked the bootloader and followed all the steps described on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681166 to reset SPC to 000000, I flashed the stock US verizon firmware on it.

Problem-1:
The phone rebooted fine and even got upgraded to 4.4.4 over wifi. Even though the phone is showing that it is on verizon network (strong signal) and everything seems to be fine at the PP end, I cannot make or receive text or calls. I am totally lost. Any help will be appreciated.

Everything went fine till I flashed the CFC-fastboot_falcon_verizon_user_4.4.2_KXB20.9-1.10-1.20_22_release-keys.xml.zip firmware. It gave me errors when I loaded the boot.img, recovery.img, mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1 and mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk4. I followed the instructions for flashing 4.4.2. They were different errors and I was manually entering each command line (copy-pasted). I also checked the file names in the folder and they matched. I couldn't figure out why I was getting the error. The MD5 matched too, so that rules out the fact that the files were corrupted. After reboot, the system loaded up ok, but the OTA failed. I used the manual programming and *22890 to get it activated. I got the "congratulations, your device is active" message. However, any time I tried to make a call, I get the error saying, "your phone# is either not active or invalid". I called PP and they confirmed the MEID on my phone and the one in their system are the same and nothing is wrong at their end. They were even able to make a call from this number. One of the dealers at Kittywireless told me that it might be an issue with the authentication key. I saw no mention about this in the tutorial or in any of my searches on this forum. What am I doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated.

Problem-2:
Also my phone is an 8GB phone (shows that info on the fastboot menu on the phone & also in the bug report (attached)), but in the storage info section of the phone it is showing only 5.52 Gb as the total internal storage. When I flashed the phone, I also erased the userdata. Any safe way to wipe the phone and load up everything? How do I get back the lost space?

I am attaching a bug report that I generated using ADB tool. It seemed really long for a phone that was just activated. I am hoping that someone on this forum might have encountered the problems that I mentioned above before and figured out a way to fix them. I'd appreciate if you can share it. Thanks.
Last edited by greenlantern2014; 1st September 2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: made it more readable
8th October 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 8

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlantern2014

I am a noob here. I am experiencing two main issues with a Boost Moto G (XT1031) that I am trying to flash to PP. It came with KK version 4.4.2. After I unlocked the bootloader and followed all the steps described on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681166 to reset SPC to 000000, I flashed the stock US verizon firmware on it.

Problem-1:
The phone rebooted fine and even got upgraded to 4.4.4 over wifi. Even though the phone is showing that it is on verizon network (strong signal) and everything seems to be fine at the PP end, I cannot make or receive text or calls. I am totally lost. Any help will be appreciated.

Everything went fine till I flashed the CFC-fastboot_falcon_verizon_user_4.4.2_KXB20.9-1.10-1.20_22_release-keys.xml.zip firmware. It gave me errors when I loaded the boot.img, recovery.img, mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1 and mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk4. I followed the instructions for flashing 4.4.2. They were different errors and I was manually entering each command line (copy-pasted). I also checked the file names in the folder and they matched. I couldn't figure out why I was getting the error. The MD5 matched too, so that rules out the fact that the files were corrupted. After reboot, the system loaded up ok, but the OTA failed. I used the manual programming and *22890 to get it activated. I got the "congratulations, your device is active" message. However, any time I tried to make a call, I get the error saying, "your phone# is either not active or invalid". I called PP and they confirmed the MEID on my phone and the one in their system are the same and nothing is wrong at their end. They were even able to make a call from this number. One of the dealers at Kittywireless told me that it might be an issue with the authentication key. I saw no mention about this in the tutorial or in any of my searches on this forum. What am I doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated.

Problem-2:
Also my phone is an 8GB phone (shows that info on the fastboot menu on the phone & also in the bug report (attached)), but in the storage info section of the phone it is showing only 5.52 Gb as the total internal storage. When I flashed the phone, I also erased the userdata. Any safe way to wipe the phone and load up everything? How do I get back the lost space?

I am attaching a bug report that I generated using ADB tool. It seemed really long for a phone that was just activated. I am hoping that someone on this forum might have encountered the problems that I mentioned above before and figured out a way to fix them. I'd appreciate if you can share it. Thanks.

try flashing stock rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread