FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[GUIDE][TAKE APART] Fix the annoying/bad vibration

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 195
 
By oversleeper, Senior Member on 27th August 2014, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Many Moto G owners have gotten a device with a poor quality vibration motor. If your phone make an annoying rattle sound every time the vibration goes on, you're in the right place. I found an easy way to get rid of that rattle sound and restore a nice, fluid, vibration and a better tactile feedback, as should be.

I'm not responsible of your device, doing this you're taking your own risk and responsibility.

1) You will need:

• A T4 Torx screwdriver
• Some lubricant (specific for precision instruments, not olive oil ;P)
• A plastic pry tool
• A little needle
• Some patience

Image 1

2) First of all turn off the phone, remove the back cover and the SIM card.

Image 2

3) Start to remove all screws.

Image 3

4) Open the device using the plastic tool, or something like that (also fingernails).

Image 4

5) Let's see where is located the vibration motor.

Image 5

6) If you want to remove the battery, this is the right way, but it's not compulsory for our purpose.

Image 6

7) Hey, it's a nice board for a 150 dollars phone!

Image 7

8) Put a drop of lubricant on the needle, DON'T use the bottle directly on the motor.

Image 8

9) Put the small drop of oil on the pivot of the motor (sorry for the pic quality).

Image 9

10) Reassemble the phone and remember to put the buttons in the right direction.

Image 10

11) Check if everything is ok. YAY!

Image 11
Last edited by oversleeper; 28th August 2014 at 12:08 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oversleeper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
28th August 2014, 01:11 AM |#2  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 106
 
Donate to Me
More
I must have had 30-40 Moto Gs in the past 9 months and neither of them had problems with the vibromotor. Dunno how you caused it to go dry or dirty, but it certainly doesn't happen often.

Anyway though, good that you posted a guide with photos if anyone should ever need it.
29th August 2014, 08:25 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Still have the same issue with my phone's vibration motor. It doesn't work from time to time and I think I'll open the device myself and check the motor instead of sendinf it to service.

Didn't check my phone yet, but is there any seal you break, when you open the phone?
29th August 2014, 12:02 PM |#4  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 106
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0opy

Still have the same issue with my phone's vibration motor. It doesn't work from time to time and I think I'll open the device myself and check the motor instead of sendinf it to service.

Didn't check my phone yet, but is there any seal you break, when you open the phone?

No seals there, but the torx screws are enough of a security measure and easy to determine if they were unscrewed.
29th August 2014, 07:21 PM |#5  
oversleeper's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 195
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy

I must have had 30-40 Moto Gs in the past 9 months and neither of them had problems with the vibromotor. Dunno how you caused it to go dry or dirty, but it certainly doesn't happen often.

Anyway though, good that you posted a guide with photos if anyone should ever need it.

Maybe I was not so lucky but I heard lot of people whit this issue, even on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0opy

Still have the same issue with my phone's vibration motor. It doesn't work from time to time and I think I'll open the device myself and check the motor instead of sendinf it to service.

Didn't check my phone yet, but is there any seal you break, when you open the phone?

Put a piece of toilet paper o something like that between the screwdriver and the screw, in this way you don't ruin your screws and nobody will notice that you opened your phone...
30th August 2014, 11:18 AM |#6  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 106
 
Donate to Me
More
Yea, I'm sure it's happening if ppl report it, but it's not very common issue overall.

To me a bigger problem is the earpiece, which under normal circumstances won't fail easy, but in latter revisions, it seems that it can go defective after just a few sight drops of the phone.
30th August 2014, 03:50 PM |#7  
darkeingel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Nice guide!

I'm having problems with vibrato, maybe I'll try this thread.

Many thanks for your work for the community!
10th April 2015, 06:38 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
my moto g vibration stops when i type letters on the keyboard
and when i shake the phone the vibration starts again ? Some users have complained about it too
what is wrong with it ? is it a loose connection with the motor??
10th April 2015, 07:32 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj

my moto g vibration stops when i type letters on the keyboard
and when i shake the phone the vibration starts again ? Some users have complained about it too
what is wrong with it ? is it a loose connection with the motor??

Had the exact same issue with mine. Either the vibration motor is a bit dusty, or just broken. If you didn't root it yet, I'd recommend you send it to the service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sn0opy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2015, 07:38 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0opy

Had the exact same issue with mine. Either the vibration motor is a bit dusty, or just broken. If you didn't root it yet, I'd recommend you send it to the service.

thankyou
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes