Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE][TAKE APART] Fix the annoying/bad vibration

OP oversleeper

27th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
Many Moto G owners have gotten a device with a poor quality vibration motor. If your phone make an annoying rattle sound every time the vibration goes on, you're in the right place. I found an easy way to get rid of that rattle sound and restore a nice, fluid, vibration and a better tactile feedback, as should be.

I'm not responsible of your device, doing this you're taking your own risk and responsibility.

1) You will need:

• A T4 Torx screwdriver
• Some lubricant (specific for precision instruments, not olive oil ;P)
• A plastic pry tool
• A little needle
• Some patience

Image 1

2) First of all turn off the phone, remove the back cover and the SIM card.

Image 2

3) Start to remove all screws.

Image 3

4) Open the device using the plastic tool, or something like that (also fingernails).

Image 4

5) Let's see where is located the vibration motor.

Image 5

6) If you want to remove the battery, this is the right way, but it's not compulsory for our purpose.

Image 6

7) Hey, it's a nice board for a 150 dollars phone!

Image 7

8) Put a drop of lubricant on the needle, DON'T use the bottle directly on the motor.

Image 8

9) Put the small drop of oil on the pivot of the motor (sorry for the pic quality).

Image 9

10) Reassemble the phone and remember to put the buttons in the right direction.

Image 10

11) Check if everything is ok. YAY!

Image 11
Last edited by oversleeper; 28th August 2014 at 01:08 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oversleeper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 72

300 posts
Donate to Me
More
I must have had 30-40 Moto Gs in the past 9 months and neither of them had problems with the vibromotor. Dunno how you caused it to go dry or dirty, but it certainly doesn't happen often.

Anyway though, good that you posted a guide with photos if anyone should ever need it.
29th August 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

111 posts
More
Still have the same issue with my phone's vibration motor. It doesn't work from time to time and I think I'll open the device myself and check the motor instead of sendinf it to service.

Didn't check my phone yet, but is there any seal you break, when you open the phone?
29th August 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Stara Zagora

300 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0opy

Still have the same issue with my phone's vibration motor. It doesn't work from time to time and I think I'll open the device myself and check the motor instead of sendinf it to service.

Didn't check my phone yet, but is there any seal you break, when you open the phone?

No seals there, but the torx screws are enough of a security measure and easy to determine if they were unscrewed.
29th August 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy

I must have had 30-40 Moto Gs in the past 9 months and neither of them had problems with the vibromotor. Dunno how you caused it to go dry or dirty, but it certainly doesn't happen often.

Anyway though, good that you posted a guide with photos if anyone should ever need it.

Maybe I was not so lucky but I heard lot of people whit this issue, even on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0opy

Put a piece of toilet paper o something like that between the screwdriver and the screw, in this way you don't ruin your screws and nobody will notice that you opened your phone...
30th August 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #6  
Flag Stara Zagora

300 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yea, I'm sure it's happening if ppl report it, but it's not very common issue overall.

To me a bigger problem is the earpiece, which under normal circumstances won't fail easy, but in latter revisions, it seems that it can go defective after just a few sight drops of the phone.
30th August 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 89

238 posts
More
Nice guide!

I'm having problems with vibrato, maybe I'll try this thread.

Many thanks for your work for the community!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread