ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google update of some sort today?

OP alpine101

29th August 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

109 posts
My phone, on rooted 4.4.2 has been fine for a long time. I use Hololocker and the Apex launcher.
But it woke itself up in my pocket a couple of times this morning, for no apparent reason.
Now, Hololocker no longer seems able to permanently select Apex as its launcher, every time I log in, I get the dire Google Now default pages with the stupid search bar at the top.
Apex launcher can be started from its icon, and I get my normal screeens back. But when I run an application, on exit, back comes all the default screens.

Any idea please what is going on? I've checked and both Hololocker and Apex are up to date.

Update: On investigation, the default launcher under 'advanced settings' in the Apex settings had become the standard launcher. No idea why, seems OK now...
Last edited by alpine101; 29th August 2014 at 02:07 PM.
30th August 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,412

9,874 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please post questions in the Q&A section.
You will receive answers much more quickly if you do

Thread Moved
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread