Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Heads Up - Motoral have sold 4GB models of their Peregrine???

OP StenchBag

27th July 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost101

There is no 4GB model. This thread has explained that you have an 8GB model and why you have as much space as you do. My 8GB Moto G (non-LTE) also says 5.52GB 'Total space.' The phone allocates 5.52GB for you to use, the rest is kept separate for Android. If you wiped all partitions on the phone, you would then have close to 8GB.

You always have the option of rooting and deleting some system apps to free up more space.

Oh right lol. Yes I'm planning on unlocking the bootloader and rooting eventually.

I was already aware of the reasons for memory usage but just not this much. That's why I've asked for someone with the exact same model to confirm that my case is normal.

Also, could anyone point me in the right direction for why the 4.4.4 update isn't available for me? I'm in the UK.

EDIT: I've just seen that you've edited your last post. Thanks
Last edited by StenchBag; 27th July 2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Post this was responding to was edited.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread