MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Heads Up - Motoral have sold 4GB models of their Peregrine???

27th July 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost101

There is no 4GB model. This thread has explained that you have an 8GB model and why you have as much space as you do. My 8GB Moto G (non-LTE) also says 5.52GB 'Total space.' The phone allocates 5.52GB for you to use, the rest is kept separate for Android. If you wiped all partitions on the phone, you would then have close to 8GB.

You always have the option of rooting and deleting some system apps to free up more space.

Oh right lol. Yes I'm planning on unlocking the bootloader and rooting eventually.

I was already aware of the reasons for memory usage but just not this much. That's why I've asked for someone with the exact same model to confirm that my case is normal.

Also, could anyone point me in the right direction for why the 4.4.4 update isn't available for me? I'm in the UK.

EDIT: I've just seen that you've edited your last post. Thanks
Last edited by StenchBag; 27th July 2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Post this was responding to was edited.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank