Analysis & Opinion

[Q] CyanogenMod and encryption (phone switches off after entering password)

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
By DarkDarth, Junior Member on 1st April 2014, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I installed a few of the latest CyanogenMod 11 nightlys and tried to encrypt the phone. There is no error message. The problem that I have is after I enter the decryption password when the phone starts up, a green android robot appears for a second before the phone switches off.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to resolve it? I am using CWM and am rooted.
10th April 2014, 04:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4
I can confirm this behavior. On my XT1034 using Cyanogenmod 11.0 M5 I experienced the same results as Dark Darth. I used TWRP for the test. This bug is not listed in the "known issues" page for the ROM: "Known_Issues_page_for_falcon"
Here are some others who have had the same problem: "88973-moto-g-cm11-encryption-failed"
(Sorry, I can't post outside links. Just do a search for the quoted terms above to get the pages I'm referencing.)

How are bug reports filed? Is dhacker29 aware of this issue?

As far as I know there is no way to get encryption working on Cyanogenmod on the Moto G at the moment.
14th July 2014, 12:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1
I already filed a bug for this with CyanogenMod devs: CYAN-4532. Please consider voting for this issue so it gets more visible - just google the Bug ID.

The bug report got assigned to dhacker29, so I guess he should already know about it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread