HELP!! Moto G dropped in toilet for a couple seconds

OP humzaahmed155

19th August 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 212

1,008 posts
More
As the title says, my friend dropped his Moto G into the toilet for a couple seconds and powered it off. The phone kept turning back on again, with the ROM bootlooping. The phone got to the lock screen, but the screen looked destroyed, completely fuzzy from one side and a severe yellow tint. The phone has been disassembled with the battery taken out, and has been put in rice.
It's been two days, and the device doesn't power on anymore. I thought this was normal, because the battery was on 1% before I turned it off again.
When plugged in, the white notification light above lights up, but the phone doesn't do anything afterwards.
After assessing the motherboard, I can identity corrosion. Should I clean the board in 100% alcohol?
I need help!
Thanks
Last edited by humzaahmed155; 19th August 2014 at 11:57 AM.
19th August 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by humzaahmed155

As the title says, my friend dropped his Moto G into the toilet for a couple seconds and powered it off. The phone kept turning back on again, with the ROM bootlooping. The phone got to the lock screen, but the screen looked destroyed, completely fuzzy from one side and a severe yellow tint. The phone has been disassembled with the battery taken out, and has been put in rice.
It's been two days, and the device doesn't power on anymore. I thought this was normal, because the battery was on 1% before I turned it off again.
When plugged in, the white notification light above lights up, but the phone doesn't do anything afterwards.
After assessing the motherboard, I can identity corrosion. Should I clean the board in 100% alcohol?
I need help!
Thanks
[IMG]h4tp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/19/cebe5751390463dc0f617591149c7107.jpg[/IMG]

Take it to a repair shop. They'll give you a free quote and then you can decide whether its worth changing the mobo on a cheap phone like the moto g...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread