[Q] [HELP] Moto G slower after rooting

OP Pajaro_Azul

30th June 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I've recently rooted my XT-1032 (telcel) and ever since the phone has been a lot slower than usual. I'm still new to motorola devices. I've rooted other devices before but I can't recall this ever happening. Does anyone have a fix for this? A nice explanation would be awesome. Thanks for everything
30th June 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 16

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajaro_Azul

I've recently rooted my XT-1032 (telcel) and ever since the phone has been a lot slower than usual. I'm still new to motorola devices. I've rooted other devices before but I can't recall this ever happening. Does anyone have a fix for this? A nice explanation would be awesome. Thanks for everything

Root is just a change in file permissions, it doesn't "do" anything extra that would slow the system down I will recommend you to uninstall any task manager or task killer app ex. clean master or advance task killer, you can also try by denying the root permission to the previously give apps, or even if things not work try to disable superuser....

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th June 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajaro_Azul

Just rooting your phone should not slow it down at all. If you've downloaded rooted apps, or flash custom ROMs, and kernels, then obviously those could be suspected culprits for slowing down your device.
Another possibility, maybe a file could have been randomly damaged somehow during the unlock/root process.

Maybe doing the process of flashing a new ROM could fix the issue, manually updating the newest version of Android for the phone, or restoring/converting back to stock firmware, and redo the hole process again of unlocking/rooting your Moto G.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread