Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 39,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to access internal storage from recovery and stuck in bootloop.

Tip us?

jackub.t
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Unable to access internal storage from recovery and stuck in bootloop.

While attempting to revert to stock firmware on my X1033 which I had running GPE X1032 I somehow caused the recovery to not be able to access the sdcard and get an "E:could not mount /data to setup /data/media patch!" message when I boot into recovery. Going into "Advanced" and clicking "Storage set to /data /media" has no effect even after rebooting. I have no rom installed as I had just done a factory reset and cannot restore and am also struggling to connect with ADB although I can connect with fastboot.
Any help would be appreciated as I think I might have screwed up pretty bad here.

pfufle
Old
Thanks Meter 67
If you had updated gpe to 4.4.4, then just follow this guide to restore stock firmware from gpe... http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t1033-t2821556

If not, then just follow the guide to restore stock firmware that is pinned in the troubleshooting section

jackub.t
Old
(Last edited by jackub.t; 29th August 2014 at 05:04 PM.) Reason: Spelling and grammar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfufle View Post
If you had updated gpe to 4.4.4, then just follow this guide to restore stock firmware from gpe... http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t1033-t2821556

If not, then just follow the guide to restore stock firmware that is pinned in the troubleshooting section
I ended up installing UK 4.4.4 stock firmware for the xt1032 using fastboot and the phone is working fine now. I think the problem was that I was trying to downgrade to 4.4.2. Thanks anyway