Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone not charging or turning on

Tip us?

jhtfarquhar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Default Phone not charging or turning on

So, I accidentally let my phone run down to zero battery. Now it won't turn on, even when plugged in. It used to show the empty battery icon, but now shows nothing, not even that icon, or even the LED.

Anyone have any ideas, or places to point me out to.

I'm gonna leave it charging overnight.

jhtfarquhar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
So, leaving it charging overnight seemed to do the trick.

Buuzzaa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtfarquhar View Post
So, leaving it charging overnight seemed to do the trick.
So, i did it from this link
-------------------------------------------------
Use the electrical outlet charger (not usb pc or notebook), connect the device and hold the power button until start. (may take up to 2 minutes)
After the LED next to the front camera light up, release the Power button immediately.
The LED lights up for some time (in my case, more than 30 seconds) and may blink, then turns off and the phone will light up the loading screen with the battery indicator at 0% (zero percent), and turns off again.
Pressing the power button again, just once, without keeping it pressed, the phone will not turn on, will remain off (not rule because he can light with the target load, it depends on the charge status of the battery). But do not worry, leave loading for a few minutes without stopping and soon the phone will light up indicating more or less a 5% (five percent) of battery charging.
Now most importantly, do not connect or disconnect the phone from the charger until you complete 100% (one hundred percent) of the battery charge. This undoubtedly is the crucial and most important point of this walkthrough. I repeat: do not remove the charger or plug in your cell before reaching 100% (one hundred percent).
--------------------------------------------------
All credits to pedro henrique by his walkthrough.
Moto G XT1033 16GB
Optimus 4x HD p880 16GB
Defy MB525 2GB

chirag03
Old
Thanks Meter 15
it happened with me too...
Just put ur phn in recovery mode...by pressing up vol+power button and then dont use wall charger...at this time it wont get charge from there.
use usb ..charge from ur laptop or pc..after 10 -15 min..boot your phn and then u can use wall charger,