Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How i managed to SideLoad 4.4.4 GPE

Tip us?

Clarkiieh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Wink How i managed to SideLoad 4.4.4 GPE

After a full days of Bootloops, Errors and Stress.. I have finally figured it out!

First i tried Resoring my Moto G back to Retail UK 4.4.2, in order to flash this in the hope i would recive OTA's and 4.4.4. ( i was wrong ).
So, i went ahead a tried restoring back to Retail. using this
I kept getting Errors with System and a few others..

NOTICE: When using the fastboot method to restore/flash firmware, makesure the commands you are typing are correct to the files inside the folder, for instance the final firmware i flash using fastboot what got the captured ota to work was this offical imagewhat can be found HERE
was telling me to use the following command.. "fastboot flash system system.img" but in the firmware folder it was split into 3 sparse chunk parts so you have to type the following 1-3: (i used mfastboot v2) fastboot wouldnt work for me.
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk3
(I did get a few errors stating 2&3 parts has issues with signitures. Its OKAY)
Also there is no "fastboot flash fsg fsg_gpe.img" in the Offical Firmware (if your outside the US) So just use the one already flashed, it should be okay, the new update has a new one i think because it isn't showing as 3G no more it is showing as H & H+ .

Once you have typed all the commands needed, you should have a working OFFICAL GPE ROM.

HERES WHERE THE UPDATE/SIDELOAD COMES IN!
Note, i didn't find this out myself... credits go to someone else i just noticed it and though hey ill try that, if your that guy Thanks!
Okay when your phone successfully boots. TURN IT OFF BEFORE GOING THROUGH ANY OF THE SETUP... DO NOT EVEN SELECT A LANGUAGE!
Use minimal adb & fasboot, and move the 4.4.4 GPE captured OTA to the folder, It will be located... C:/Program Files/ Minimal adb & fastboot
You need to boot into STOCK recovery it should be installed since you have just flashed stock firmware, enter fastboot and select recovery. you will see a dead droid.. just hold-in both Vol + & - and power for a few secound and release.. it will get you into the menus and select install update via adb
now open the cmd window at the minmal and fastboot where the update had been moved.. and type
adb devices (to see if your phone is working in adb)
adb sideload KOT49H.M004_5-KTU84P.M003_18.zip
it should start sideloading and ... BOOM you have 4.4.4
Now hold Right sift on the folder and right click and select to start cmd window here
A Problem Only Exists If There Is No Solution.
I'm That Solution
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clarkiieh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Clarkiieh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404097644843.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	2824839   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404097653223.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	2824840  
A Problem Only Exists If There Is No Solution.
I'm That Solution