Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How good are the sensors in Moto G?

OP TheNexian

11th July 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi all, I'm considering buying the Moto G as a secondary phone, mostly to use for fitness tracking while running and as a streaming jukebox.

I was wondering based on your experiences, how are the sensors on the Moto G? Is the GPS reliable? Does the compass point the right way?

I ask because I have a Nexus 5, and I have been sorely disappointed a few times running with My Tracks and later seeing that the GPS randomly cut off at some point, or that it zigzagged my path to impossible places, ruining the data capture.

I appreciate your help and please let me know if I've posted this in the wrong place. Thank you.
12th July 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 903

3,484 posts
More
I just traveled with GPS a lot yesterday, and it was a lot more reliable than the GPS device in my car... It still has some of those small issues (oops, you jumped on the other street for a second).
So there's no issue with GPS, it's as good as it could. Compass, however, is a better than expected, it helps a lot with GPS.
One more awesome thing, I am now indoors, and somehow I have a 50 meter location accuracy with device only location.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Last edited by vlt96; 12th July 2014 at 08:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vlt96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 21

109 posts
More
Yes, the Location accuracy is marvelous! It shows accurate indoor location upto 50 meters!
It shows correctly that I'm in my wing of Building society.
On open grounds, it gets even more precise! Amazing! Very fast GPS lock. This is the best GPS I've ever used(out of Samsung Galaxy 3, Xperia Tipo).
The Following User Says Thank You to VAMGDroidFan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 38

145 posts
More
I can confirm that the GPS is very reliable, in my experience. Haven't tried the compass.
The Following User Says Thank You to SbM_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 903

3,484 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbM_

I can confirm that the GPS is very reliable, in my experience. Haven't tried the compass.

Compass is very good in the car, but it doesn't seem to be that reliable when walking (but I only tested 20 seconds)

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread