Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

issue with recovery! :/

Tip us?

NeoTrix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default issue with recovery! :/

hey guys! i just installed Philz Recovery! the latest one! wen i click factory reset , i get this error
E : unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
and all my files on my internal storage are still there! please help me out here!

Something new is coming.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xperia E--------------------------------------------------------------------Moto G
Stock JB------------------------------------------------------Stock all the way.

pfufle
Old
Thanks Meter 67
A factory reset will not wipe your SD card...It is not supposed to...Its not an error...to wipe your SD card go to mounts and storage and choose format media....

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NeoTrix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfufle View Post
A factory reset will not wipe your SD card...It is not supposed to...Its not an error...to wipe your SD card go to mounts and storage and choose format media....

bro i mean the internal storage bro :P wen i click factory reset , all my data is just as is in my internal storage!

Something new is coming.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xperia E--------------------------------------------------------------------Moto G
Stock JB------------------------------------------------------Stock all the way.

pfufle
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Your internal storage (SD card partition) will be untouched... That's what I am saying...all your apps and everything is on your internal storage...To get rid of the apps you need to format the data partition and to get rid of all your media you format the media partition...

KDB223
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTrix View Post
hey guys! i just installed Philz Recovery! the latest one! wen i click factory reset , i get this error
E : unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
and all my files on my internal storage are still there! please help me out here!
AFAIK, your files aren't present on /sd/ext, but in /data/media/0. That's why everything remains on your "internal storage".

P.S: @NeoTrix , remember me?

HIT THE BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP !

Device : [Rooted] Motorola Moto G (XTI033) Sony Xperia E C1504
ROM : Stock 4.4.4
Firmware : 21.12.40.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03
Kernel : Hybrid Kernel v012m (by @faux123)
Recovery : TWRP v2.7.1.1 (official)
Bootloader Status : UNLOCKED

========== LAG IS THE ENEMY ==========
The Following User Says Thank You to KDB223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]