Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] MBM-CI 5.0 ? For hardbricked devices

OP rabrahamk

12th December 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
I installed the Brazillian lollipop (5.0) soak test on my Asian Moto G,
I've heard that 5.0.1 has came out for GPE devices, so I flashed the GPE 4.4.2 ROM to my phone
then I planned to upgrade to 5.0.1 via OTA,
The 4.4.2 GPE ROM seems has no problem, but after I install the 4.4.4 OTA, my phone won't boot at all, not even to fastboot mode,

So I googled and I found out that we need MBM-CI 5.0 to bring our dead devices back,
As I said, I've heard that Official Lollipop has came out for us,
So does it mean that Motorola has also released the MBM-CI 5.0?
If it does, then where can I get it?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Indonesian, and I hope some of you could help me out
Thanks
Last edited by rabrahamk; 12th December 2014 at 02:57 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabrahamk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #2  
daniel84cs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag cosenza
Thanks Meter: 3,218
 
1,696 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrahamk

I installed the Brazillian lollipop (5.0) soak test on my Asian Moto G,
I've heard that 5.0.1 has came out for GPE devices, so I flashed the GPE 4.4.2 ROM to my phone
then I planned to upgrade to 5.0.1 via OTA,
The 4.4.2 GPE ROM seems has no problem, but after I install the 4.4.4 OTA, my phone won't boot at all, not even to fastboot mode,

So I googled and I found out that we need MBM-CI 5.0 to bring our dead devices back,
As I said, I've heard that Official Lollipop has came out for us,
So does it mean that Motorola has also released the MBM-CI 5.0?
If it does, then where can I get it?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Indonesian, and I hope some of you could help me out
Thanks

+1
14th December 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag Bariri
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
More
+1
14th December 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Padang
Thanks Meter: 6
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrahamk

I installed the Brazillian lollipop (5.0) soak test on my Asian Moto G,
I've heard that 5.0.1 has came out for GPE devices, so I flashed the GPE 4.4.2 ROM to my phone
then I planned to upgrade to 5.0.1 via OTA,
The 4.4.2 GPE ROM seems has no problem, but after I install the 4.4.4 OTA, my phone won't boot at all, not even to fastboot mode,

So I googled and I found out that we need MBM-CI 5.0 to bring our dead devices back,
As I said, I've heard that Official Lollipop has came out for us,
So does it mean that Motorola has also released the MBM-CI 5.0?
If it does, then where can I get it?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Indonesian, and I hope some of you could help me out
Thanks

It happens that we face the same thing. I did the same as you couple of days ago. Just wait for the Motoflasher to release the MBM-CI 5.0. Probably the new tool will be released on January or February as the motoboot.img for 5.0 officially released.

Sabar aja bro. Sheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to damnedivan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #5  
daniel84cs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag cosenza
Thanks Meter: 3,218
 
1,696 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnedivan

It happens that we face the same thing. I did the same as you couple of days ago. Just wait for the Motoflasher to release the MBM-CI 5.0. Probably the new tool will be released on January or February as the motoboot.img for 5.0 officially released.

Sabar aja bro. Sheers!

And if you were to send in warranty ... ??? .. the problem, the battery will hold up until January ... ???
14th December 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
+1
14th December 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #7  
daniel84cs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag cosenza
Thanks Meter: 3,218
 
1,696 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsonrd

+1

I have read that we should leave it always connected to the wall charger until the MBM-IC lollipop will be out.
The guarantee would cover the issue being the Nexus stock at the time of the Brick, even starting it there should be no signs of tampering, but the problem that if for unlocking the bootloader deny us the guarantee, we could spend more than worth the MotoG ... sure thing, I'm glad I bought a Nexus 5, after 1 year of modding I never had these problems, not be purchasing anymore device not Nexus. Should be out before the factory and after the OTA, not the reverse.
When I can do it on again I sell it and buy my girlfriend a Nexus 4 White.
Last edited by daniel84cs; 14th December 2014 at 04:25 AM.
14th December 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Where will it be released?
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnedivan

It happens that we face the same thing. I did the same as you couple of days ago. Just wait for the Motoflasher to release the MBM-CI 5.0. Probably the new tool will be released on January or February as the motoboot.img for 5.0 officially released.

Sabar aja bro. Sheers!

So that blankflasher (mbm-ci 5.0) will be realesed at Motorola's official website? Or maybe here at XDA or what?

btw makasih infonya mas
14th December 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel84cs

And if you were to send in warranty ... ??? .. the problem, the battery will hold up until January ... ???

I don't think that the battery does not survive till January, we're still able to charge our phones, aren't we?
It's just not showing the indicator,

Correct me if it's wrong, cuz I'm not really sure though
14th December 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
help!
i need MBM-CI 5.0 , Moto G blank-screen
butuh MBM-CI yang terbaru nih

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes