Post Reply

[Q] Is This Messed Up ? Moto G

OP pratmodi

17th August 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I am from India and have Moto G XT1033 Dual Sim Version.
so what i did was - (FOLLOWED THE ROOTING PROCEDURE FROM MODACO superboot tools )

1. I tried to unlock Bootloader via Motorola website and first time i didn't follow proper bootloader unlocking process and tried to root the phone while it was "LOCKED STATUS 0".This gave error Device loked and "cmd".
2. Then i noticed mistake and unlocked bootloader successfully and STATUS was "UNLOCKED " in bootloader.
3. Then i rebooted and again booted into bootloader and then began process and it on the phone screen said something like "Booting" or "cmd" i dont remember actually and then some stripes with BLACK SCREEN and faded colours were there so as told in tutorial , i long pressed power button and rebooted it But after that nothing happened as told in guide and no "SU" or SuperUser app was there.

ALSO the command prompt on pc screen ended the process saying like "Failed"
4. Now when i check with some root checking apps , they all tell me device is not rooted. also from google play store , i installed superuser and it tells no SU binaries found.

CONCERNS ARE -
  • 1 Should i begin the whole rooting process again ? will it mess it up further ? can my device get bricked ?
  • 2 In Recovery option in Bootloader there is a BOT laying down with RED exclamation mark. what is this ?
  • 3 Have i customized my ROM and firmware?
  • 4 How do i get Rooted ?
  • 5 How to get stock firmware/ROM back ?
  • 6 Please help me find my stock firmware for my Indian XT1033 Dual Sim version.

My device after this has slow download speeds like 2mb app is taking 10 minutes or so .
Last edited by pratmodi; 17th August 2014 at 08:31 AM.
17th August 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #2  
rudi_j7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 448
 
883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratmodi

I am from India and have Moto G XT1033 Dual Sim Version.
so what i did was - (FOLLOWED THE ROOTING PROCEDURE FROM MODACO superboot tools )

1. I tried to unlock Bootloader via Motorola website and first time i didn't follow proper bootloader unlocking process and tried to root the phone while it was "LOCKED STATUS 0".This gave error Device loked and "cmd".
2. Then i noticed mistake and unlocked bootloader successfully and STATUS was "UNLOCKED " in bootloader.
3. Then i rebooted and again booted into bootloader and then began process and it on the phone screen said something like "Booting" or "cmd" i dont remember actually and then some stripes with BLACK SCREEN and faded colours were there so as told in tutorial , i long pressed power button and rebooted it But after that nothing happened as told in guide and no "SU" or SuperUser app was there.

ALSO the command prompt on pc screen ended the process saying like "Failed"
4. Now when i check with some root checking apps , they all tell me device is not rooted. also from google play store , i installed superuser and it tells no SU binaries found.

CONCERNS ARE -

  • 1 Should i begin the whole rooting process again ? will it mess it up further ? can my device get bricked ?
  • 2 In Recovery option in Bootloader there is a BOT laying down with RED exclamation mark. what is this ?
  • 3 Have i customized my ROM and firmware?
  • 4 How do i get Rooted ?
  • 5 How to get stock firmware/ROM back ?
  • 6 Please help me find my stock firmware for my Indian XT1033 Dual Sim version.

My device after this has slow download speeds like 2mb app is taking 10 minutes or so .

Follow this for rooting: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684234

And this for reverting to stock: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...02&h=QAQFqyLll
The Following User Says Thank You to rudi_j7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

Follow this for rooting: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684234

And this for reverting to stock: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...02&h=QAQFqyLll


But I don't know if it's rooted or not . if I do what you told to revert to stock , won't it mess up if it's not rooted at all ? Or can I root again by your method if it's already rooted ?
17th August 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #4  
rudi_j7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 448
 
883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
You can root again with this method. No problem. And you can return to stock even without root as long as you have unlocked your bootloader

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th August 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

You can root again with this method. No problem. And you can return to stock even without root as long as you have unlocked your bootloader

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sir Please guide me , I want to confirm that these are my Phone Build Number and other -

FINGERPRINT - " motorola/falcon_asia_ds/falcon_umtsds:4.4.4/KXB21.14-L1.40/34:user/release-keys "

ID - KXB21.14-L1.40
falcon_asia_ds
Release 4.4.4
Bootloader - 0x4113


which is best stock rom for me ? My phone came stock with android 4.4.4 and all updated.

What if i Flash some different stock Rom ? cause i heard USA models dont recognize indian Sim cards
19th August 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #6  
rudi_j7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 448
 
883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Well, as long as your phone is booting up and working fine, you don't need to reflash stock. Just root it using the method in the above link.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rudi_j7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

Well, as long as your phone is booting up and working fine, you don't need to reflash stock. Just root it using the method in the above link.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thanks
19th August 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

Well, as long as your phone is booting up and working fine, you don't need to reflash stock. Just root it using the method in the above link.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


Also if you can reply quick , why is there a laying down android with red exclamation is showing when I select recovery option in fast boot . and when I pressed some combination of up key + power , it took me to other list which had options like install from SD , factory reset , etc.

is this normal ?
19th August 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #9  
rudi_j7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 448
 
883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
You've not installed a custom recovery. That's why. Flash a custom recovery.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

You've not installed a custom recovery. That's why. Flash a custom recovery. There's a guide in the rooting thread.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app



Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rudi_j7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_j7

You've not installed a custom recovery. That's why. Flash a custom recovery.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------





Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


Thanks ! for all your replies. Cleared my all doubts

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank