Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Miracast 4.4.3

Tip us?

lost101
Old
Thanks Meter 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish159 View Post
I don't really care if wifi disconnects after my phone connects through wifi direct, just the problem is that I can't connect
As I have already stated, Miracast does work for me with 4.4.3.

lost101
Old
Thanks Meter 692
UPDATE:

It could well be TV (Sony Bravia) specific, but from testing:

i) 'Settings > Wifi > WiFi Direct' will connect sometimes.
ii) 'Settings > Display > Cast screen' always connects but no Internet on phone.

If anyone can test these out with 4.4.3 / 4.4.4 based custom ROMs please report back. Android L could fix the internet part or it may never be possible with Moto G's hardware. Other than that; the Miracast mirroring seems slick and responsive. I did not check gaming lag.

eteles
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost101 View Post
UPDATE:

It could well be TV (Sony Bravia) specific, but from testing:

i) 'Settings > Wifi > WiFi Direct' will connect sometimes.
ii) 'Settings > Display > Cast screen' always connects but no Internet on phone.

If anyone can test these out with 4.4.3 / 4.4.4 based custom ROMs please report back. Android L could fix the internet part or it may never be possible with Moto G's hardware. Other than that; the Miracast mirroring seems slick and responsive. I did not check gaming lag.
I'm sure it's a software limitation, since my cheap Chinese phones and tablet can use miracast without the need to make a direct connection to TV... They use the WiFi network... Both devices (phone/tab and TV) only need to be connected on the same network...

Only the moto g needs a direct connection to TV...
Tags
miracast, moto g