Ask a question

No registration required

mm-qcamera-daemon 15% Battery Drain!

OP VividTheMan

27th August 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

93 posts
Im on PA 4.4.5 Rom (Stable) and I have just noticed my battery was draining a bit more than usual. So I check my apps, nothing unusual, I check my battery and I see the process as listed in the title. It seems its a camera background process that continues to run, Assuming im a avid snapchat user thats why it started. Now I cant stop it. Ive flashed a new rom and back, wiped cache and I dont know what else to do! Anyone know a Fix?
27th August 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 31

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VividTheMan

Im on PA 4.4.5 Rom (Stable) and I have just noticed my battery was draining a bit more than usual. So I check my apps, nothing unusual, I check my battery and I see the process as listed in the title. It seems its a camera background process that continues to run, Assuming im a avid snapchat user thats why it started. Now I cant stop it. Ive flashed a new rom and back, wiped cache and I dont know what else to do! Anyone know a Fix?

Since you are avid snapchat user,,the only workaround is to reboot your phone. As long as you will be using snapchat (or Skype in some cases), you will face this problem.

Battery drain issue is because of a software process on the Android KitKat build that allows applications to access the device camera. The mm-qcamera-daemon process continues to run in the background even after the app using the camera has been force closed(like you mentioned) leading to persistent high CPU usage and battery drains faster.
Last edited by rohitthe1; 27th August 2014 at 04:36 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread