Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,396 Members 36,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

mm-qcamera-daemon 15% Battery Drain!

Tip us?

VividTheMan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default mm-qcamera-daemon 15% Battery Drain!

Im on PA 4.4.5 Rom (Stable) and I have just noticed my battery was draining a bit more than usual. So I check my apps, nothing unusual, I check my battery and I see the process as listed in the title. It seems its a camera background process that continues to run, Assuming im a avid snapchat user thats why it started. Now I cant stop it. Ive flashed a new rom and back, wiped cache and I dont know what else to do! Anyone know a Fix?

rohitthe1
Old
(Last edited by rohitthe1; 27th August 2014 at 03:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by VividTheMan View Post
Im on PA 4.4.5 Rom (Stable) and I have just noticed my battery was draining a bit more than usual. So I check my apps, nothing unusual, I check my battery and I see the process as listed in the title. It seems its a camera background process that continues to run, Assuming im a avid snapchat user thats why it started. Now I cant stop it. Ive flashed a new rom and back, wiped cache and I dont know what else to do! Anyone know a Fix?
Since you are avid snapchat user,,the only workaround is to reboot your phone. As long as you will be using snapchat (or Skype in some cases), you will face this problem.

Battery drain issue is because of a software process on the Android KitKat build that allows applications to access the device camera. The mm-qcamera-daemon process continues to run in the background even after the app using the camera has been force closed(like you mentioned) leading to persistent high CPU usage and battery drains faster.
Device : Moto G XT1033 (Unlocked & Rooted)
ROM : Mokee Falcon-140829-RELEASE (4.4.4)
Kernel : XPerience 15+ by TeamMex + older camera BLOBS by zarocks
Custom Recovery: TWRP-2.6.3.3-falcon
Boot Logo: Moto Girl Selfie and Boot(y) Logo
Boot Animation: Marvel vs DC