FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Moto G 4G XT1039 Root

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 161

By vpnair, Senior Member on 3rd July 2014, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone had any success with root on Moto G 4G XT1039? Haven't tried it myself, as I am unsure what to do, especially with no stock rom or custom recovery available as far as I am aware. A little hesitant to try it without advice. About to try the following:

1. Unlock bootloader via Motorola Website
2. Fastboot flash boot recovery (XT1032)
3. Flash SuperSU
Last edited by vpnair; 4th July 2014 at 06:31 PM.

4th July 2014, 07:55 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hello,
I'm new here and will follow this with great interest. I'm about to receive mine, supposed to be a XT1039 too.

Keep up.
4th July 2014, 09:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpnair

Anyone had any success with root on Moto G 4G XT1039? Haven't tried it myself, as I am unsure what to do, especially with no stock rom or custom recovery available as far as I am aware. A little hesitant to try it without advice. About to try the following:

1. Unlock bootloader via Motorola Website
2. Fastboot flash TWRP recovery (Should I do XT1032 or XT1045 recovery - I've seen posts suggest both but noone has confirmed??)
3. Flash SuperSU

From what I've read, there is no 100% working recovery for the xt1039 - I *booted* from the xt1045 recovery to install the SuperSU.zip, and it worked absolutely fine on my xt1039. Just run "fastboot boot recovery recovery.img"
The Following User Says Thank You to tonym001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 04:41 PM |#4  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 102

More
have you came across this thread? the custom recovery won't work but you will be rooted...
7th July 2014, 10:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

have you came across this thread? the custom recovery won't work but you will be rooted...

Yep I just got root access no problem with this method on my xt1039, Thanks
13th March 2015, 06:20 PM |#6  
Flag Bom Jesus do Galho
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello , I 'm new here and I have a Moto G 4G XT1039 ( Nextel Brazil ) , I really want to install the CM on my smartphone , but I can not do root, should I use the recovery of xt1032 to the root?
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread